Are you ready to paaaaartay??
I am. I just need to finish my cup of coffee. And get dressed. And for your benefit, brush my teeth.
5minutesformom is hosting their annual blog party again. I participated last year and found a lot of really cool blogs. It's a fun way to find new blogs and some new readers so welcome if you've come by from there!
I'm listed in the "Mom Blog" section.
That seems a little limiting. I'm more than a mom blog. Yes, I write about my son and being a mom, but mostly I write about my life in general. The good times, the bad times, the blah times.
More facts about us:
- We just moved into Chicago and are exploring this surprisingly great city.
- I've been trying to lose the last 3 post-baby lbs. for the past 6 months. Not sure if it's the candy, the pastries or the lack of exercise that's holding me back.
- My son, Brixton, is a genius. I'm serious.
- Okay, I'm not serious, but I am sarcastic.
- If you leave a comment on my posts, I reply. Mostly because I love you, partly because I'm desperate for human interaction.
- It feels like most "mom bloggers" are 28 year olds moaning about how "old" they are (I still love you, ladies). I'm 34. Just wait, young ones, just you wait.
Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment and I'll pop by your blog too and say hi!


LOL, I love your sense of humor, just so fun! You have a very lovely blog here and you little Brixton is a-dorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I came to visit your blog too! :)
DeleteGood Morning!! I stopped by from UBP 12! I love your comment about most mom bloggers are 28 moaning about how old we are, well I am almost 28 but I love getting older. I feel like I learn more every year! Your little one is adorable. I hope you'll stop by my blog and say hello!! Enjoy Chicago and all the new adventures you're in for!! Happy Blogging!
ReplyDeletehttp://thecrazycannons.blogspot.com/
Hi Shantel, thanks for stopping by! Getting older is a good thing, but I do miss being 28 (my favorite age).
Delete34 is AWESOME. I agree - just wait you 28ers.
ReplyDeleteI loved your post today about zits with the wrinkles and they just turn to scars. SO TRUE Ha ha!
DeleteYour little boy is ADORABLE! I have 2 boys myself and they keep you moving, don't they? Can't wait to read more of your blog and get to know you! Please feel free to go check out my blog too!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have 3 boys (am I mad??) but it looks like we're just going to keep it at one! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI grew up in Chicago. It's a great city!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from UBP to say hello.
Have a great weekend!
POSH
I'm really enjoying it, it's really a beautiful city and we get the best thunderstorms!
DeleteHello from UBP -- have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, I tried to go visit your blog too, but couldn't find it in your blogger profile. I'll check the linky list on UBP tonight! :)
DeleteI'm stopping by from UBP 12. Your son is so stinkin cute! I'm following via gfc and bloglovin. If you get a chance stop on over to www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com. I'm a teacher mommy of a spunky two year girl.
ReplyDeleteJenny! Thanks for stopping by! You are so crafty--I am decidedly NOT! :)
DeleteStopping by from the UBP12. I love Chicago and wish I could live there...lol. Def a great place to visit.
ReplyDeleteHI Michelle-Thanks for visiting! I never even dreamed we'd live in Chicago--wasn't on my radar at all! But, it's turned out great thus far!
DeleteI've been following you for a few months now. Your blog is much more 'real' than many other 'mum blogs'. I have a 3 month old boy and love reading about Brixton growing up!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a compliment! Thank you so much. On my way to check out your little cutie as well..
DeleteFound you over at UBP12! Looking forward to reading your adventures. Braxton looks adorable and I completely understand. I believe my Lilly is a genius too ;)
ReplyDeleteI've met so many baby geniuses lately. It's so weird. :)
DeleteI still have a few stubborn baby pounds but it has been more than five years- any secrets, though it probably is the sugar...ugh...so good yet so bad. Looking forward to checking out your blog some more- following now too. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE me some sugar! I just got a gym membership again, so hopefully I can just tackle this last bit and be on my merry way!
DeleteFinally another wise thirty-something mom blogger!! I felt a drift in a see of 20 year olds :) I'm stopping by from UBP and think your sarcasism is right up my alley. Braxton is adorbs!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, we 30-somethings are a little rarer! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteDroppin' in from UBP. Your son is so cute! Can't wait to find out more!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteOh, btw - the picture post. It looks good. I plan on doin' that soon too!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm going to have to do something about it. Most people don't like it and I don't think I do either. You should take some pics of yours!
DeleteThis is my first year joining the UBP. :) Don't worry you aren't the only "older" mom blogging. I always have to laugh when someone in their late 20's thinks they are old.
ReplyDeleteparentingwithresearch.blogspot.com
Hi Jessica! Oh, yes, I know a few other "old" mom bloggers, just the vast majority are sweet young things. Oh well, they'll be "old" too..but I will always be older! Ha!
Deletehahahaha! Just wait, you young ones ~ I love it!! I'm a just turned 39 year old mama with a 20 month old baby girl and a 12 year old tween boy.
ReplyDeleteFound you through the UBP, of course!
Looking forward to reading more!
xoxox
Welcome, welcome! You've got your hands full with that age spread of the kids I bet! How is it with a 12 year old boy? I'm nervous and I've still got 11 years to go! :)
DeleteThanks for popping in!
ReplyDelete