Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stuff Lately III/Please Vote For Us!



First things first, this fish loves the water.  And yes, that is his pool.  A plastic tub.  Actually it's the best idea I've had in a long time.  I fill the tub with water, set it on our balcony with some toys, strip Brixton down to his birthday suit and set him loose.  He splashes, plays, spills, smiles, squeals.  He did this for 45 minutes the other day.  Fun and easy!


Second--I can't stop listening to Florence + The Machine.  And Aloe Blacc.  


Third--I got a new camera lens.  The 50mm 1.4.  I have no idea what to do with this thing.  I almost sent it back, but figured I just have some learning to do.  It was a gift, a mother's day/anniversary gift, so I just need to study up.


Fourth--We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  By celebrated I mean that Brixton and I hung out in 97 degree heat while Brendan rode a bike in a race for 6 hours and got heat exhaustion.  Then we ate hot dogs.  


Fifth--I got my hair done the other day.  Ombre color.  I was there 4 hours and a color correction was needed.  I made two new friends sitting there.  Two ladies visiting from out of town, both Christians.  We were on fire sitting there in the waiting area.  High fives, a group prayer.  Wish they lived closer!  I love stuff like that. We've been texting and FBing. 




Brendan, Brix and I spent two nights in a small town about 60 miles west of Chicago, called DeKalb.  We went to a party one night, then the next day while Brendan was out punishing himself on the bike, Brix and I explored the downtown area.  We got some food and had a picnic, where I glanced up and saw a HUGE spider crawling on his head.  I HATE SPIDERS.  I freaked out, took in a huge lungful of air and blew that spider away.  Well, until it was crawling towards us full speed about 2 minutes later.  Then I squished it with my shoe, while screaming.  


Later, I discovered that while DeKalb is a small town in the middle of nowhere, it has AWESOME vintage shopping!  I found about 5 or 6 shops that I would like to go back to (without a 1 year old in tow).  




"Someone" loves water.  We went swimming each day at the hotel.  This floaty thing was great, he could kick his legs and splash without drowning, and I didn't have to hold him the whole time.  He figured out he could lay back, too, which looks funny, especially when he would put his hands behind his head, all relaxed.  You know, 'cause it's hard being a baby. 

We are taking a vacay coming up--Seattle--can't wait to see so many old friends and these big bumpy things called mountains. I miss you, West Coast.

**Top Baby Blogs reset.  They put their numbers back to zero for everyone again.  Would you please vote for me?  I kind of hate TBB, but I love new readers, which TBB is a good source of.  Thanks!** 


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

4 comments:

  1. Hi new reader here! Your son is so adorable and it looks like he really loves the water! Happy 5 year anniversary! My husband and I and our daughter also live near Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome welcome! Thanks for reading! He DOES love the water! Are you from this area originally?

      Delete
  2. I have the 50mm 1.4 too! It's my favorite lens and I used it about 90% of the time with portraits. Put your camera on aperture priority (AV) and put it on 1.4 and get the best bokeh ever. It works great in low-light situations, much better than zoom lenses. Focus on Brixton's eyes and the pictures will always look professional. I can show you some tricks when we meet next if you'd like.

    Happy Anniversary! We just had our 8 year anniversary on the 1st of May and our 4th wedding anniversary is coming up. It's hard to celebrate with a kid though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes, I would love some tips from you Aline! I only shot thus far in auto, which I know is holding me back in my pic quality and with the bokeh.

      Celebrating isn't the same with a kid. Nothing is. Hee

      Delete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!