March.
March was the last time we moved. We hauled our stuff, we unpacked boxes, we hung pictures, arranged furniture, ordered address labels.
March was just 5 months ago.
We just got word the other day that the owners of this place are short selling it. Like now. Like I'm taking pictures of the house to sell.
I'm not upset. I'm excited. Yes, excited.
Something always felt off about this place. I didn't want to move in here. To start it's too small for us, especially with Brendan working from home and needing a quiet space with a door for himself. The walls are thin and the neighbors are apparently deaf when watching TV at night.
Nothing seemed to fit here. I've rearranged the furniture in all the rooms twice, trying to get that feeling of finished. All my decorating plans fell flat. I was just uninspired.
Don't get me wrong. It's a nice place, a very nice place and I have great hopes that it will sell quickly. I just feel like it wasn't meant to be.
I felt trapped here already in March, but a voice inside me said, "Don't worry, you'll only be here until October." I took great stock in that voice, a voice I've heard before. Only time will tell whose voice it was--mine or His. If it was His, we'll be out in October. If it was mine, well, we could be here months longer.
It's exciting because I know what I want. An older building on the top floor. I don't even care if it's a walkup, which it will be, I just don't want anyone on top of us, or next to us if we can help it. We have to have 3 bedrooms. More storage.
Moving again. Maybe I'll be celebrating 35 in a new place.
Oh boy landlords in Chicago are so damn fickle! Good luck with the move. I hope you find the just oh so right place! We are moving again, too. I'm sick of the sight of boxes but at least it will be the last time for a while. Plus moving always makes me want to purge!
ReplyDeleteWell, it's actually a friend/co-worker of Brendan's that we are renting from. We knew it was a possibility when we moved in..guess I didn't know it would happen so fast. Oh well. I just hope it sells fast then. I dread months and months of showings.
Deletewhat do you mean nothing fits in your current space? it's not like you've got five foot bears taking up extra room. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI guess I should clarify. By nothing fits I just mean the furniture/decorations just don't seem "right" in the space. It's kind of a funky layout and bc the TV is wall mounted we don't have a lot of choice. I feel like a dog that keeps on turning around to get comfy..I just can't get comfy!
DeleteI would advocate for Lincoln Park or Albany Park. Then, we can be neighbors! EH? EEEEEHHH?
ReplyDelete