Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Autumn Fest




We went to Fall Fest at Peck Farm last weekend.  It was kind of a last minute decision, but one I knew that I would regret if we didn't go.  Going to anything fall-fest/apple-picking/pumpkin-patch during this time of year feels like a must.  Especially because the Farmer's Almanac has predicted a bitterly cold and snowy winter this year.  (Bring it on,  I say.)


The fest featured a petting zoo, a milking station, a hay pile, a jumpy house, food, and a raffle.  We got to pet calves and a big ol' mama cow.  I always forget how large cows are until I'm standing right next to one.  The calves?  To die for.  Big brown eyes. Eyelashes for miles.  I loved them.  Brixton was terrified. 



I honestly didn't realize the hay patch was going to be quite this much fun.  Brixton loved throwing hay in people's faces and let me tell you, he has quite an arm. Let's put a baseball in that hand and get him pitching--that would be our luck--our son becomes a MLB player.  We hate baseball. 

As it happened, we met up with one of Brixton's best friends--Cade--and his little sister Lilah, who Brixton tolerates right now, but I have a feeling in 12 years someone's going to have a crush on someone else. (Back off Lilah, he's mine. Ha ha.) 





It might look like Brixton has Cade over a barrel with the hay, but don't be fooled.  Not only is Cade completely potty trained, he has been walking almost since birth and recently returned from climbing Mt. Fuji in Japan.  All this means that Cade is outrageously physically talented and is obviously just being a good friend by letting Brixton think he's tough. 



Look at that follow-through on the throw!!   Cha-ching!


 *Almost* can't see my shoes



Another reason Cade is such a good friend?  He shares his one and only lollipop.  Even when Brixton was getting more than a little aggressive. 





Despite his obvious skepticism, Brixton did have fun on the pony ride. 




It was just suggested they hold hands.  It's amazing how susceptible 2 year olds are to being caught in pictures that will only embarrass them later.  Still, it was adorable, especially how they took it very seriously and wouldn't let go, even if they got tangled and twisted around, they figured it out.


The day was a hit.  Brixton crashed around 2:30, just in time for me to enter the raffle and win a family portrait session with a photographer with a much better camera than mine.  I was really excited...until I read the fine print that they will only let us have one picture and one pose.  Wow, how generous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I reply to them too!