I've been cleaning for 45 minutes, which means I'm exhausted, which means I need to sit down and derp on my computer until I feel better. Have you missed me? I haven't missed this blog. Like, at all. What I've missed is the will to write. And now, a list of what I've been up to.
1. My parents are visiting. It's heaven. Brixton can be seen dragging my mom all over the place, getting crabby with Grandpa, and asking for more and more toys. Brendan and I went on a date that involved a corn field, Mexican food, and guns. After years of trying to convince my parents to move here, they've begun looking at houses. Now just to convince my 93 year old Grandpa that he needs to move here too. Grandpa, please?
2. Brixton starts official preschool next week. Hallelujah! He's driving me nuts around the house, asking me to play and then he's started with this new thing--saying, "I don't have anyone to play with" and then making big, sad eyes. Talk to your father, kid. I wanted another one.
3. I've decided to go back to work. It's interesting. For years as a SAHM, you're like, "Oh, please, don't let me work for xxx amount of time!" and then you're like, "I'm ready to go back to work now!" and then you realize that working wasn't really an option anyway because no one wants to hire you, let alone just call you back after an interview to tell you no thanks.
4. Kind of branching off of that, I've become a "designer" (aka I'm selling) Origami Owl jewelry. I need something to do, guys, even if it's just selling really cute jewelry from my basement. I'm not expecting much, seeing that I'm the one in charge of all this, but it would be nice to feel like I'm in charge of something of my own--at least until I can get that job washing dishes or something. My website is HERE if you'd like to check out all of the cute stuff!
5. We've lived in this house now for 9 months. Fixer-uppers are a time and money suck. We have huge projects to do and no money. TIP: If you want to buy a fixer-upper, please have a good pile of cash set aside to do your improvements so you don't have to live with something as disappointing as a beige toilet from 1984.
6. Fall is coming and I'm freaking excited. Brixton's going to school and I'm going to be doing the following: bible studies, massage therapy (for a massive knot in my neck/back that is causing horrible chronic headaches), going to the gym (I swear I'll go), being the Sunday School teacher for 3 year olds with an awesome new curriculum, and hopefully getting involved with our local Mother's Club. Oh, and working when I get that aforementioned job.
7. And I leave you with a confession. When I was pregnant I would wear jeans using a ponytail holder around the button to give me an extra inch or two since I didn't want to buy larger pants. Well, I haven't been pregnant in over 3 years, but I am still using the ponytail holder trick because I refuse to buy larger pants. Because, you know, I'm going to lose all that weight. Denial is a strong emotion, isn't it?
I've been tossing around the idea of going back to work, or going back to school. I don't really want to go back to school (Because uuuugh I already DID THAT!) but working doesn't seem possible since my kids are so small. Nevermind that I've been out of the workforce for three years... SIGH.
ReplyDelete