Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Importance of Valentine's Day

Dear Brixton,

Although you aren't here quite yet to experience Valentine's Day, you certainly felt the emotions of it and partook in the lovely sugar rush that followed.  Let me explain.

Mommy basically forgot that it was Valentine's Day. Bad, bad Mommy. Didn't have a card ready, didn't have a "beer bouquet" which I have made Daddy in the past.  Mommy got to work and was greeted by lovely, smiling faces and a cute little gift bag of goodies and then reality struck.  Thunk.

Now, Brix, Valentine's Day doesn't mean going out and spending hundreds of dollars on a girl that will break up with you a few days later.  Or even on your wife.  Let's look at Mommy's attempted rebound and Daddy's success as examples:

-Mommy rushed home from work, opened the door and found waiting on the step a gift bag with a variety of candy (gumballs!) and a sweet card.  Already I'm waaaay behind.  Daddy success one.  



-Daddy called and was going to surprise Mommy by bringing home dinner from our favorite sushi place.  YUM.  Daddy success two.

-Mommy found a slightly crumpled piece of decorative paper, cut a heart out of it and wrote a heartfelt note. Mommy success (ish).

-One and a half hours later, Daddy comes through the door, with a smile and about 6 sushi rolls.  Daddy success three.  

-Mommy tried to deflect the fact she had forgotten and also wore a big smile.  She also had a cold beer ready for Daddy.  Daddy read handmade card.  Hugs ensued.  Failure avoided.  Nice time had by all (including you Mr. when Mommy attacked a bag of Dove chocolates).  

The point here Brix is that it's better to show some love than no love--something that goes for every day.  Money doesn't matter, but thought does.  Mommy was careless this year (can I blame you again? Please?) but has decided that after you come holidays need to be properly celebrated to set an example for you.  

By the way, you have an awesome Daddy kid.  He's going to set the bar real high.  

I love you (and Daddy!).

Love, 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I reply to them too!