Monday, February 21, 2011

A Monday Rumble Jumble

Happy Monday!

Well, it is if you have the day off.  If not, maybe you are stuck at work and can use this reading time to shave off a minute or two of productivity to avenge the fact your employer didn't let you have a three-day weekend.  That'll show 'em.

Today I have my 28 week appointment--they kind of sped it up a bit in order for me to undergo the dreaded glucose screening test.  Yep, I've got my mini bottle of industrial strength "fruit punch" waiting for me in the fridge, to be consumed precisely at 10:10am.  This is the first doctor's appointment that Daddy isn't going with me.  Most of my appointments have been on Saturdays, but today is probably going to be just a blood draw (ooooohhhh), listen to Baby's heart beat (ahhhhhh), get weighed (iiiirrrrrrr) and then find myself back in my car 15 minutes later.  

I've been enjoying the morning by reading a few of the other blogs on Top Baby Blogs.  There are so many good ones!  I'm having such a good time of it and have been so inspired by the other hot mamas out there.  Thanks ladies!

And now a little story about bras:

This summer, before becoming prego, I went to Nordstrom and got measured.  My whole bra-wearing adulthood I've been a 34 B.  Suddenly I've got so-and-so telling me that I'm a 32 C...or a D.  A D?? Wow.  So I spent a good penny on all new bras and matching pantaloonies (isn't it great when they match?  Like a nice secret or something).  

When I found out I was pregnant I thought, oh good-I already have bigger bras so I should be fine.  

And I was.  Up until about 3 weeks ago when the bras starting leaving my skin raw and itchy, when the "push-up" portion wasn't really needed anymore lest I suffocate myself and the 32 part of the equation just became ridiculous.

I went to Target last week and got two new bras.  36 D.  These are big girl bras.  Bras that are telling me that I'm large and have lost control of my breasts.  Bras that hold them in without creating an angry red river on my skin.Bras that let them know their days of flopping and swinging are over (ok, they aren't that big, more like bouncing and swaying).   Ahhhh.  So much better.

End Story.


I took a shower today (which in itself is newsworthy) and Lola joined me for a doggy bath (that's how we do it in our household).  Last night Daddy forgot to close the side gate and when we let Lola out for a wee, she ran away to the neighbor's yard.  When we called her back in, I noticed a 5 inch streaming line of mucusy booger-like drool coming from her mouth.  It was also smeared around her maw.  Very unsavory.  Brendan and I looked at her in horror.  We pushed her away for the rest of the night (yes, we cleaned it off first!).  She'd come over all, "Hi guys, can you pet me?" and we'd shriek and wave her away with our feet.  Who knows what trouble she got herself into, but I washed away her sins this morning with a good scrubbin'.  

Well friends, I have to start my drinkin' in a few minutes and I also don't think they'd understand the "I was blogging" excuse at the doctor's if I'm late.  I hope everyone has a great day and an even better week!
Love,
K

8 comments:

  1. Interesting blog for a person with a Y chromosome to be in on! Oh Well, I'm a biology guy and a husband of almost 30 years, so I didn't have any real issue anyway. Keep up the blogs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that drink! When I drank mine, I made it through it until the last sip, and almost puked it all back up! Thank GOD i didn't because if i had to go through that all over again, UGH! SO GROSS!

    Haha, one of my dog's names is Lola too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve--Boy, you sure never know what you're going to find out about me when you read my blog do you? Ha!

    Joan--It wasn't bad for me at all, I love sweets so it was actually decent, although I have never found myself chugging fruit punch at 10 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good bras are super important. during and after pregnancy.
    you know what else is great? one of those really tight girdles that go all the way from under your breasts down to the derriere. it's great for helping put everything back into shape after you give birth. i wore one (not the same one, i got 2) for a month after i had Lily. my mom is old school Portuguese so she made me get one. glad she did!
    Lola Bean is too cute.
    hope you had a good appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope "the girls" are behaving themselves now that they have the right sized "home". Too funny!!! Hope the test wasn't too bad! Lola Bean is so cute---I miss her big paws all over me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last one was from Mom. Dad doesn't talk about "the girls". :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudia--The girdle is something I never considered, but hmmmm...I'm going to have to look into that. Are you talking about Spanx or something more girdle-like? Any suggestions?
    I liked your story of becoming a citizen..made me teary..not sure why. Did you speak English when you came over?

    Mom-The girls are constantly misbehaving now. The bra I got was riding up today and uncomfortable. Maybe I'll just go 60s style. Not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelley- the girdle was not spanx, it was something more hard core, not girlie at all though. one all black, the other on all nude and really tight. bought at macy's.
    my parents moved me to the states when i was 14, i spoke a little english. just a bit learned from school. i would say that by the time i was 17, i was speaking english fluently.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!