Let's talk Christmas Stockings, shall we?
I've had the same stocking my whole life, as far as I know. It's a nice little stocking, fits loads of candy and other small gifts, is made thick and sturdy and has a bit of that 70s something that you just can't replicate these days.
Each year, when we'd get our stockings out, I would happily greet mine, knowing it belonged to me.
I started shopping around for a stocking for Brixton in August. Yes, August. It was hot out, I had a 3 month old, I just wanted to get him a stocking! I searched around for a bit, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I headed over to Etsy where I began scouring the shops and BINGO!
I knew I wanted a stocking that was big, with a liner and some padding. Something that would last a lifetime as well as something that a boy/man wouldn't be embarrassed of.
I found this cute Santa print and loved it! I was able to customize the cuff fabric and opted to have his name stitched on there (I decided to go big and do his middle name too, just in case he meets someone else named Brixton that happens to have their stocking hanging in our home).
The Etsy shop I found it at is called Bebe Sniklefritz. I just visited it recently and she has all sorts of new prints that I love!
My lovely stocking
Brixton's stocking (obviously, since you can read and all)
Where'd you get your stocking?


my mom bought me and my brothers those enormous 3 foot long stockings out of oriental trading. she kinda get out of control around christmas time.
ReplyDeleteget-gets
ReplyDeleteI just texted my dad to see if he kept my stocking when he moved out of our childhood home. It was made by my great-grandmother. I would be devastated if anything happened to it! It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI have had the same stocking for as long as I can remember. It has cartoon characters on it, but I would miss it if I got a new one.
ReplyDelete