It's a gray, dreary day so I thought I'd liven it up with a fun little thing I found over at the lovely Vanessa's blog, Little Gray Pixel...
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Geez. Is this Sophie's Choice or what? I'm going to have to go with egg nog on this one, though by a hair. There's something about the thick, super sweet eggy goodness that just wins it for me.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa's pretty lazy the other 364 days of the year, so I wrap the presents. He just takes the credit.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I really love either. Unfortunately we bought LED lights last year at the day after Christmas sale at Target and they were the "cool white" kind. So I'm really depressed this year about the lights. Can we not talk about it?
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Brendan doesn't need anymore encouragement thank you very much.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever the mood strikes. This year it struck while the calendar still said November--a first for me I believe.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't really have one to be honest. We keep the "dishes" pretty simple over here. We do usually get some salami to snack on and I'm all over that.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The time in Oregon when Santa was running on the back deck with some sleigh bells and he tripped and fell. Luckily he was okay. It was magical for a three year old.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea. It just started to not make sense to me that Santa could come into the house and no one would know.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up, we opened ALL of our gifts on Christmas Eve. It's a German tradition. Since I got married, we open them on Christmas morning, which makes the day not quite so boring. But I still insist on a Christmas Eve gift.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Very poorly. It's nothing special..yet. Brixton has his very own tree in his room. Each year I am buying him an ornament for it (this year it looks sad since it just has one). Originally I was going to give him all of the ornaments when he went to college, but my mom pointed out he might trade them all for a 6-pack of beer or something, so when he gets married he'll get them.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it for Christmas. Hate it in March.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. And I can do a twirl.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, but I always got lots of books and candy. After the gift opening ceremony (isn't that what it feels like?) I'd head right upstairs and read and eat candy all day.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Feeling grateful for everything I have and the loved ones in my life.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Almond tarts.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I'm not sure we had any real traditions that I can recognize. We did all pile in the car, drive around looking at lights and singing Christmas carols. One time I sang Silent Night and my mom told me it sounded really nice. That really made me feel great. And that was only two years ago.
17. What tops your tree? A big silver star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving! So much fun!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yuck, but I'll still eat one.
20. Favorite Christmas show? A Christmas Story. Classic, funny, a good way to spend two hours under a blanket (that reads a little pervy..sorry 'bout that)
21. Saddest Christmas song? "I'll Be Home For Christmas" I always think about the military guys, from WWII till now (okay...you too WWI)..just wishing they would be home for Christmas.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? It's a tie between Silent Night, which I've been told I can sing really well (ahem) and Joy to the World. I love the high notes and the messages.
I love this! I love that you says Santa is pretty lazy 364 days a year,lol
ReplyDelete"One time I sang Silent Night and my mom told me it sounded really nice. That really made me feel great. And that was only two years ago."
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing so hard over here!