Sunday, December 4, 2011

Life Before Baby: A New Series

 Life Before Baby is my new weekly series that will highlight a picture and story from my life before I became a mom.  In my current state, I haven't styled my hair in about two weeks or used makeup.  I am still trying to lose the last of the baby weight.  I am wearing a tattered, gray sweatshirt most days and that description would fit my mood as well.  

So let's revisit ME (and hopefully you!).  The person I was, and might well be (somewhere in there) when I can find the inspiration and lose the fear of being spit up on.

If you do a Life Before Baby post, please link up and let me know in the comments.  I'd love to know that you weren't always "just" someone's mom either!


 You can't really see me in this photo, but that's part of the fun.  My friend and I were at the airport in San Francisco, waiting to pick up our rental car to make the two hour drive to Bodega Bay, the location of our first Girls' Trip.  What I love about this photo: the grainy quality, my serious pose, how fit my legs were (thanks to roller derby), my waist, the way that crazy blue light kind of reflects the energy of the whole trip.


We drank Bloody Marys at the airport in San Diego at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. That was the first and last time I've ever drank a Bloody Mary.


I loved this little dress, found at Urban Outfitters, along with the belt.  I have a thing about wearing high heels with a short dress or skirt (shows too much leg), so I opted for boots instead.  (Still have the belt and boots..the dress is long gone).


I'm not sure about my hair here (bangs like this don't seem to work on my face), but I felt really good at the time.  Traveling with a friend, feeling good about myself, off to visit with other dear friends for a relaxing 3 days in our beach house rental.  


At this point, I was 30.  We had just moved back to San Diego from Denver and I was really happy.  Kids were not on my radar, not even a thought.  


Life was good.





3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love this idea, I'll definitely have to do one of these posts. That is such a cool picture of you, it looks like an ad for something. Amazing how one picture can just bring you right back to a time and place in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley, this is a great segment and i might join you.
    turning 39 this month, feeling sluggish and also still trying to get back into shape and back to my weight, i too have been thinking a lot about this.

    your legs look awesome! and roller derby? rockin'!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!