Yep, my baby boy is *this close* to turning one. I'm so excited for him! His personality is continuing to develop. He's crawling, says a few words (night-night, banana), eats like a champion, is only taking one nap, seems to still be a ways off from walking (hooray) and I love him more and more.
That being said, we have our bad days. Days when mama is tired. Days when baby is crabby. Days where both of us have had it up to "there". When I put him to bed on nights like that, I feel a sense of relief. "Good, he's sleeping." Then, just a few hours later he enters my thoughts. The smiles, the chubby hands, the open-mouthed kisses, the overly-aggressive hugs. And I miss him. Despite the hard times, despite the bad times, I want to hold him right then, again, in those moments.
**Disclaimer** I have no idea what happened to his hair.
Just today I fed Brixton some mixed veggies, which he wasn't really into. In an effort to get him some nutrition, I hid a pea on the fork under the noodles he was enjoying. He opened his mouth and I popped in the contraband. He chewed thoughtfully for a moment, his face giving nothing away. And then, like second nature, he opened his tiny bird mouth and out rolled the pea. Determined, this one.
I have a mole on my right hand, between my pointer finger and thumb. It's faded in time, but when I was younger it served as part of my imagination, as a dinosaur's eye or some other nonsense. Let's just say for a mole, it was really fun. Guess who also has a mole on the right hand, between the pointer finger and the thumb?
Genes are amazing, no?






Wow, that's crazy about the mole!
ReplyDeleteAnd hilarious about the pea. Alexa is just now starting to get fussy about what she's eating. She's averse to broccoli. She'll put it in her mouth, then take it out and set it aside.
Huh, I could have sworn I already responded to all these comments. Anyhoo..I love how you wrote that, "She'll put it in her mouth, then take it out and set it aside." Like all polite. LOL
DeleteOh that curl in his hair is killing me! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteYup, I think he got mama's wavy hair!
DeleteI love your photos! His such a Handsom chap.
ReplyDelete(Brixton talking) "Why thank you, madam" (while tipping his hat to you). :)
DeleteI just have to tell you: your son is GORGEOUS!!! These photos are killing me!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe we are related? I have a mole in the same spot on my left hand!
ReplyDeleteWhat's up my sister from another mister? Ha ha! I just made that up and it rhymes! Who's awesome??? (I'm drinking a Coke right now, so I'm a little hyper..sorry 'bout that)
DeleteI love me some Brixton photos. Damn, he's a cutie pie!!! I just want to cuddle with him. Is that weird?
ReplyDeleteIt is not weird that you want to cuddle him! It's adorable. It would be weird if you wanted to steal him. :)
DeleteMaybe we could just do a weekend baby swap or something? You can have a tea party with Violet and I can race trains with Brixton.
Delete