Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Week in the Life--Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday

 I thought it would be fun to document what we do in a regular week.  Fun for me, yes.  Fun for you?  Probably not.  Don't expect to be dazzled by my life, but do expect that I might find this interesting when looking back one day.  And I will be posting a full week in segments, since a week's worth would be way too long for one post!

Monday:

6:20am-Woke up with anxiety.
7:30-Brixton wakes up, change diaper, bring him back into bed.
7:35-8-Family cuddle time!
8-8:40-Breakfast (scrambled eggs,waffles, and coffee)and cleanup while watching Today show. 
8:40-9 check FB, Blogger, CNN, email.  Start this post!  TV off, Florence + The Machine on. Brixton plays with block, crawls around living room.
9-9:15-Speed shower, brush teeth, dress.
9:15-9:45-Clean two bathrooms: 2 toilets, 2 tubs, 1 shower, 2 sinks..while Brixton plays in his room.
9:45-10:15-blow dry hair and put on makeup
10:15-10:45-Second cup of coffee, blog, play with Brixton
10:45-11:05-Clean powder room, put dishes away (with Brendan)
11:05-11:20 Snack time for Brixton! Applesauce mixed with yogurt, cinnamon and nutmeg
11:20-11:30-get Brixton dressed, change diaper, cut fingernails 
11:30-Cloth diapers in dryer, cleaning rags in washer
11:30-12 Finishing picking up, get ready to go!
12-1:30 Errands: Car wash, Home Depot, failed Hot Dog attempt for lunch
1:30-2:10 Lunch (vegetarian chili with tofu and pepper jack cheese) and cleanup
2:10-2:30 play with Brixton
2:30 put Brixton down for nap
2:45-4:45-Mama nap 
4:45-5:10-Check email, FB, blog reader
5:10-wake up Brixton (he rarely naps this long)
5:10-5:30-get Brixton changed, dressed, a sippy cup
5:30-7:10-walk up to park as a family, Brixton's in a bad mood, walk to pizza restaurant, eat Bibb salad, veggie pizza and homemade (and so amazingly good) mac n' cheese.
7:10-7:40-Play with Brixton and his favorite toy (a balloon)
7:40-8-clean up kitchen, make bottle, stick a loaf a bread in oven to bake, small pot of coffee
8-8:15-Night night cuddles and bottle for Brixton..he went down without a fight!  Hooray! 
8:15-10:15 Take bread out of oven (total fail), 2 cups of coffee, 1 glass of water, TV, zone out! 

Tuesday:
5:48am-wake up when Brendan hits me in his sleep (on the arm).  3 times.
6:40-Brixton "chirps". I know this because I'd been awake since Brendan hit me.  
7-Brendan gets up, takes the monitor with him! HOORAY!
7:40-Brixton gets up. Cuddles in the bed with me while we play.
8:10-8:45 Breakfast (tangerines and cereal/yogurt) and cleanup around the kitchen.
8:45-9:15-First cup of coffee.  Check email, FB, etc. Brixton's crawling around playing with poison (just kidding).
9:15-10:30-dusted house, cleaned all kitchen counters, folded dish towels and cleaning rags, put load of laundry in washer, folded and stocked cloth diapers, got dressed, took out trash and recycling, paid online bills, got mail.  
10:30-10:40-Brixton faked me out by saying "nite nite" like he wanted to nap.  Turns out he didn't.
10:40-11 Got Brixton dressed, got our shopping bags
11-1 Errands: searched for a bank, deposited a check, Trader Joe's run that required TWO carts (which is why we only got every 4-6 weeks)
1-1:30 unpacking bags, lunch (Okay, for the sake of honesty I got McDonald's.  Brixton ate some of my cheeseburger, strawberries and string cheese.)
1:30-2 playtime, books, cuddle time (can you kiss your baby too much??)
2-naptime for us both!  
4-I woke up.
4-4:50-paid bills, took care of some paperwork, got dinner in the oven.
4:50-woke up Brixton
4:50-5:40-emptied dishwasher, cleaned up some dishes, played on floor with Brixton, put stuff away, made tea
5:40-6 watched the news while Brixton crawled around chasing some blocks he was throwing.
6-6:40 dinner (roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, cauliflower) 
6:40-7:05 Bathtime for Brix
7:05-7:40-quiet playtime, books, get dressed for bed
7:40-7:55-bottle and nite nite
7:55-10:30-TV, chat with Brendan, upload pictures for printing (I hadn't done this since September!  Took forever)
10:30-10:45-Get ready for bed
10:45 Sleep!


Wednesday:

7:15-Brixton, my alarm clock, wakes.
7:15-7:30 Diaper change, family cuddles
7:30-8:15 Breakfast (tangerines, brioche, rice cereal), clean up, coffee, email, FB, etc.
8:15-8:45 hang out with Brixton and Brendan, more coffee, Today show
8:45-9:50-shower, dry hair, makeup, dress.  Brendan gets Brixton dressed.
9:50-10:05-get ready to go!
10:05-10:30-drive to playgroup, Brixton takes a nap in the car
10:30-12 Playgroup!  Met some nice new ladies and Brixton got to play with tons of new toys. And we had snacks!
12-12:30-Drive home.
12:30-1:15 make lunch (chicken, buckwheat noodles, vegetable melange) cleanup noodles from all over the floor (they get super sticky)
1:15-2 Play with Brixton in his room, start load of cloth diapers
2-3:30 nap!
3:45 Brixton wakes up.
3:45-4:30 clean up in our bedroom, Brixton's room, make bed (better late than never)
4:30-5 playtime upstairs, tea and brioche with jam
5-5:45 make dinner (whole wheat pasta with homemade pasta/goloush sauce)  
5:45-6:15 Eat, clean up.
6:15-7:30 Play with Brixton, chat with Brendan
7:30-7:45-dress Brixton for bed, brush teeth and lotion on face
7:45-8 night night bottle and rocking with mama
8-8:30 mama makes coffee for tomorrow, sets up our Monopoly game
8:30-9:15-Monopoly with Brendan, milk chocolate with hazelnuts.
9:15-10:30 computer stuff, picture projects, sooo thirsty!
10:30-10:45 get ready for bed
10:45-11 read and then lights out!
  






 

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, this is super fascinating to me. I like to see how other people divvy up their lives. Thinking I should do one of these sometime: Thursday (working), Friday (just me and Alexa) and Saturday (all three of us).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I, too, am interested in how other people live. Plus it's kind of fun to see how you live on a timeline like this. Points out some stuff..like I sleep a lot. LOL

      Delete
  2. Are you feeling better I have anxiety , in fact I always have a script on hand ! I just started a new job in the loop so I was at work high pressure sales job when It started the shaking the I can not even describe feeling so I ran out on my break down Wells three blocks to Wal Greens and 30 mins later the feeling of a psy patient after having his afternoon meds ! I hate it

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!