I've lost only 2 lbs. since July. It's no wonder. I have had lots of bad moments with food. Because I'm a natural procrastinator, I keep thinking I'll "buckle down" and eat clean for a few weeks before my goal time frame ends. It never turns out like that though.
However, despite the 2 lb. weight loss, I've lost about 2 inches from around my bod and when I showed Brendan the "before" picture, he said I looked a lot different. (Maybe he was just trying to be friendly?).
I chalk this up to me mostly concentrating on doing weights when I go to the gym. I feel like doing more weights versus cardio shows up on me faster, which is motivating. Plus, when you build muscle, it burns more calories overall. On a whim, I went to a Zumba class the other night, which left me hobbling with sore legs for the next three days, so I went to another one the other night and yet another this morning. I also went to a 30 minute abs class, which was fun. Not so fun now, since my abs are so sore that I can barely sit up to get out of bed. You don't really realize until it's over, the price your body pays for pregnancy.
I leave for California in about 3.5 weeks. I'd like to lose another pound or two before then. And hopefully not gain them back while visiting with friends and family! That's the hardest part--not "taking off" from good eating habits, no matter what the circumstances.
I love Zumba! It's such a good, fun workout!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the inches :)
The teacher of the class I go to is CRAZY! I swear I burn 700 calories in that class.
Deleteugh, i always gain weight on vacation. always! and you are right, you don't realize the toll pregnancy takes a toll on your body until way after. it's been almost 3 years and i have yet to do something about it. you go mama!
ReplyDeleteI'm not very motivated. I am very hungry! :) But I miss my ab muscles..after baby they were so stretched out--I need to work on that.
Delete