Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gettin' Messy in the Bath

A long while back, Joan over at Expecting the Unexpected did a blog post about how she let her son, Porter, play with a bunch of colored shaving cream in the tub.

It looked like such a fun time, I knew I'd eventually get around to doing that with Brixton.

The thing is, I always forget to buy the things I need for crafts or activities.  

"You should make a list!"  I think.

Then I forget to make the list.

This is why going aisle by aisle in a store like Target or Meijer is essential, because you might see something that triggers your memory.

Like, "Shampoo!  That's right!  We need it!"  or "I think we only have 5 bottles of body wash left, better stock up!"  or "Wasn't I just saying I needed a waffle-maker?"

Maybe I'm the only one. (?)

One day I managed to remember to pick up not only the shaving cream, but the food dye.

Brixton entertained himself in the tub for about 30 minutes.  Smearing, splashing, creating, making a huge mess with easy cleanup.  

The total cost was $5.  And I'll get two more uses out of the shaving cream and countless out of the food dye.  Money well spent.

Oh, and as promised, I'm bothering you again for a vote!  I know!  How annoying!   Don't worry, it's just for this week.  Thanks for the support so far.
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com









6 comments:

  1. I've never seen this idea before, it looks like so much fun! I'd want to join in I think.
    We don't have Target here, but there are a great number of shops that I go into with good intentions of only buying what I need, and end up coming out with something completely random! :)

    Kate
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! The shaving cream did look like fun to smear around--I had to resist! And I can't tell you how many time I've gone to the shops for just a few things, only to come out with stuff I never intended to buy. *sigh*

      Delete
  2. That looks like so much fun, I'm going to remember this for when I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, easy, cheap, and a snap to clean up! And the shaving cream smelled so good--Brixton smelled great afterwards!

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome, we're totally trying this!! I voted:)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!