Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goodbye Brixton Makes Three, It's Casual Friday!

Notice anything different today?  Oh, yes!  I'm in the middle of some changes to the old blog.  I hadn't changed anything for about 9 months, so it feels good.  I'm not in love with my header, but I'll figure it out.  And as you can see, the Brixton Makes Three is gone, forever in my heart, I wanted a change that wasn't quite so baby-centric.   

I want to say thank you to those of you that have encouraged me early on in my blogging (and not just my mom).  Starting a blog while pregnant, lonely, and stressed was a great leap for me, your comments, interest, questions, and advice has really made a difference for me. In a blogging realm that can seem competitive, cold, and fake, I have managed to find some real gems (maybe even Jems?), that buck that trend.

Now, since I'm positively bursting from self-confidence (snort), I'm splashing out in the coming weeks, adding in some new things (faith, fashion?!), keeping most of the snark, and hoping you'll join me for the ride.  I've been at this blogging for over 2 years now--possibly the longest I've ever held on to a hobby--and while there are always ups and downs in blogging, as in life, I still enjoy writing, creating, and connecting.  

xo
Kelley


25 comments:

  1. LOVE the new Name!! I just did the same thing... I changed my blog name and look too :)

    I LOVE following your blog!

    Maybe you would like to follow mine? blog.beatricekamperman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, I'll have to check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. a change is always good! looks good. i like the new name and header although maybe a bit too big?
    i changed mine also. had been forever.
    Kelley, i think i read on here that you do button swaps? i added yours on my blog. care to add mine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't figure out how to change the header size--it always ends up massive for some reason, even when I resize. And I'll put your button up on my blog today! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. also, i'm glad you have a new button, because your old one wasn't working. (obviously.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I didn't know it didn't work---I guess I should have figured that out since I changed my URL--diiiirrrrr

      Delete
  4. Love the new header! The pacifiers are a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAD to include them! I swear he has secret stashes of them all over the house!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to these new topics you've hinted at. But really, I'd read your grocery list, you're that talented a writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Vanessa, coming from you it means a lot. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I love it! I really like the picture and the tag of "lets just keep it casual".
    Good luck in your new venture. I look forward to your new topics.
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad people are liking it. I think the color's off somehow--but I'll be doing some tweaking here and there!

      Delete
  7. Nice new look. I change mine up periodically too. I just entered my fifth year of my blogspot blog. It is my secretly nerdy thing I do. Haha. Interested to read new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my first blog in 2004 or 2005..can't remember. But I've never really been consistent with it until now. It's fun! And yes, kind of nerdy.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the header lady!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought of it in about 3 minutes. Glad it's working out so far!

      Delete
  9. Love it! Your header looks amazing! (a tad jealous here!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo! This is a No Jealousy zone. Ha ha! Thank you!!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! It came in a flash of inspiration!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry! Glad everyone seems to like it!

      Delete
  12. I like the new name! (it threw me for a minute, trying to figure out what blog I was on though lol). The new header is cute and I'm looking forward to reading more in this space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew people might be confused for a second as to which blog they were on! Hopefully the name will catch on soon!

      Delete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!