Yesterday I threw up my white flag of surrender with my cold. It had been a week, I wasn't any better and was tired of the constant sinus headache, plugged up ears, and ever-flowing snots. I went to the doctor and got the dreaded/glorious antibiotics. While at the doctor's office, I developed the Mother of all migraine headaches. I was hot, sweating, nauseous, tired and I still had to drive to Target with Brixton in tow to pick up my Rx. I drove there, somehow, my head pounding, my eyes ready to explode out of my head. I was so hot, so sweaty, and then I knew it was going to happen.
I was going to throw up.
Yes, I threw up in the Target parking lot. It was a low point in my life, that's for sure. Nothing like seeing breakfast again, while your toddler is laughing hysterically at you from his carseat because he thinks mommy is playing a fun game with him.
I was too weak to go into Target, so I drove home, almost in tears the whole way. Brendan was out of town working. I called him and told him to get home asap. Then we got home and I basically collapsed on the floor, a pillow over my head, moaning and groaning while Brixton watched TV in the other room. I'd call him every now and then and hear the pitter patter of his slippered feet as he came over to me. He'd lay his little head next to mine and say, "Mama," all full of tender concern. Then he'd throw a toy at my head. But, at least he was occupied.
Anyway, I'm feeling much better today, thanks.
Here's some last bits of our Florida visit:
Parents gone wild: pool edition.
New Year's Eve fireworks made Brixton a little nervous.
At the New Year's event we were at, there was a drum circle. I happen to love drum circles. We got involved. Brixton was shy at first, but soon was dancing like a crazy crazy in the middle with the other kids.
He kept going up to every other kid in the circle that was dancing and saying a very emphatic "HI!" to them while waving. That wasn't getting much of a reaction, so he went up to one little girl and slapped her in the face. She started crying. I had to take my jerk-baby over to apologize. Not a cool way to meet girls, buddy.
With Nana
Later in the evening, we stumbled across the Latin music stop. Well, we certainly weren't passing that up. Brixton shook his booty, flirted with ladies, danced in the middle of a circle, and was almost trampled by several Salsa dancing couples. He had a blast.
He can wave and flirt and smile at all the ladies in the world, but in the end, I know who his favorite dance partner is..
The year ended with us sitting at a cafe with drinks and snacks, kisses for the new year, Brixton sleeping through the midnight fireworks and the hooping and hollering from the crowd. Later, Brendan and I celebrated with a glass of bubbles, a couch cuddle, and the quiet bliss of a new year, full of new possibilities.
Cheers to 2013!
Ugggh I feel for you, mama! I have been that sick too, when Braden was 8 months old, it was awful. Happy New Year - feel better!
ReplyDeleteHim laughing at me wasn't as cute as I thought it would be!! Made me feel worse! Happy new year to you too!
Deletewhere in florida were you? the hotel pool looks fab. looks like you had a great time. get better and take it easy.
ReplyDelete