Thursday, February 14, 2013

February Stuff

I've been missing lately from the blog.

Between me being sick and Brixton being sick, I barely have time, energy, motivation, or inspiration to write anything.  All I feel like doing lately is curling up in a warm ball on my bed and sleeping. Alas, life isn't so kind.  There are dishes to be washed, meals to be made, groceries to be bought.  And much more...

*I finished season's 1-2 and caught up on 3 of Downton Abbey.  Hooked.  Can't wait for the next episode.  I wish these people really existed.  

*I've just about given up on The Bachelor.  This season is booooooring. 

*The Walking Dead is back.  I'm excited, but wasn't impressed with Sunday's episode.  Does anyone else have a ridiculous crush on Daryl? 

*I'm going to go to the gym.  I've been telling myself this for the past 14 days.  Haven't gone.

*You know how I was all whiny about snow, how I couldn't wait?  I am fickle.  I had my first longing for spring yesterday.  And today was 40 degrees out and a neighbor was grilling outside with music on...guess I'm not the only one wishing it were April.

*Brendan gets back today from 5 days away.  How romantic. A Valentine's Day reunion.  I hate VD.  And Valentine's Day. Har har har.

*Brixton almost gave me a black eye and a broken nose today.  Hitting and head-butting.  Am I raising a MMA fighter?  OVER IT.

*My parents booked their flights to come out to visit us in May for Brixton's birthday.  I am SO excited.  I only have 12 weeks to get everything set up and I already have thousands of lists in my head of what I have to do.

*One of my fish is sick.  It's my female betta.  She doesn't have a name, but I am really sad she's not getting better.  I know I could just get a new fish for $3 at the petstore, but I feel a sense of responsibility that I have to do my best to help her survive.  I don't like seeing her suffer.  :-(

*I've been addicted to making veggie smoothies lately.  A little bit of juice, water, spinach, lemon, kale, broccoli.  A few blueberries and strawberries.  A zucchini.  Half a banana.  Protein powder.  Basically like your daily requirements of fruits and veggies in one glass.  Is it delicious?  That's overkill.  It's tolerable. 

*I have very, very vivid dreams.  I might do a post about some of my dreams, they are so weird.  Last night's dream: a T-Rex was in our house, but we had to get ready for a wedding.  Brendan somehow put the t-rex in the garage, but I was too scared to take a shower.  I tried to take a shower in a locker room that was connected to our home, but someone was already showering there.  I took a walk down the block.  I heard a noise.  I saw the t-rex was trying to lift the roof off of the garage.  I said, "Oh..crap" and ran.  My mom was holding our shotgun (where did she come from???).  I insisted on holding the shotgun, but I realized how futile the gun was against the King of the Dinosaurs.  The t-rex got out of the garage and chased some neighbors.  I woke up terrified. 

Gosh, reading these over, I am just so impressed with how exciting and eventful my life is (eyeroll).

Hope your VD makes you and your significant other smile!  (Valentine's Day...get your head out of the gutter.)


This is my Valentine's Day companion.  I'm not expecting much.

2 comments:

  1. That is the craziest dream!! (I probably wouldn't shower if there was a T-rex in my garage either, or anywhere in the country actually!) Your Valentine looks just as stoked as mine was yesterday! (but still so stinkin' cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical picture!! We have had flu and croup at our house this week so I can completely relate! I felt much better and found myself laughing reading this. Misery loves company. :) Happy, happy Valentine's Weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!