It's a winter wonderland here today. As in I wonder when the snow is going to stop falling?
It's a lazy day of sorts, I'm still rockin' the PJs and craving another cup of coffee, though I might settle for tea. Brendan started on the baby room today. He took down a wallpaper border, painted the textured ceiling and has begun the arduous task of caulking and painting all of the baseboards.
I worked in the office, sorting out our files, cleaning out a full trash bag of outdated paperwork, including a chronicle of all of the cars I've owned over the past 4 years (4 cars, all Nissan). I have one file, called K-Random, where I like to keep little what-whats: expired driver's licenses (showcasing my plethora of hair colors and styles),sweet letters or notes from friends, passports (mostly stolen) and even a few report cards from elementary school.
Now, I am a nice person most of the time. I like to laugh and make jokes and have fun. I hate confrontations, hurting people's feelings and rudeness. What you may or may not know is that I also can be one moody son of a gun, wear my heart on my sleeve and am easily irritated (pregnant or not).
Poor, poor Brendan. :-(
Anyhoo, I popped open my report cards and saw an interesting theme. Allow me to demonstrate:
6th Grade, Mr. Watson wrote: Sometimes gets moody. Attitude too negative at times, gets in the way of better work. Also, in the demonstrates self-control category, I got a minus, followed the next trimester by a check minus! Wow! What a jerk!
But, surely I was in pre-puberty or something. Hormones were already affecting me. I just wasn't myself.
Right?
3rd Grade, Mrs. Reale wrote: She is moody at times and reflects that with her peers. Kelley is a very nice person as long as things go her way. She tends to be a quiet tease (what does that mean??)
Oh, okay. Well, I guess I really must have started puberty very early. Or I blame Kevin, my younger brother for driving me crazy since he had entered into the terrible two's (and man, he was terrible!)
Surely it was just a fl...
1st Grade, Mrs. Dimas wrote: Kelley needs to learn that she is responsible for her words and actions with others. She needs to think before she reacts. Along with those sobering thoughts I received a minus in using time wisely as well as demonstrating self-control.
Ok. I'm out of excuses. Obviously I'm just that type of person. I like to think I'd get a plus for consistency though.
However, all this makes me wonder: What is Brixton going to be like? Is he going to have my fiery Latin side (even though I'm German)? Or Brendan's calmer demeanor?
Either way I feel like I've won. Because it takes one to know one.
Hi Kelley
ReplyDeleteJust love reading your blogs and getting to know Brixton. You have evolved in tact from your earlier school reports into a gorgeous sole and am looking forward to meeting Brixton - not long now as we await Louis' 1st birthday you await Brixton's birth, yeah!!!!.
Love to all, Angela nd Rex xx
Thanks Ang & Rex..I'm so glad you like the blog. We can't wait to bring Brix to NZ and visit his other "home."
ReplyDeleteWe plan on bringing him home in an All Blacks outfit we got from a friend.. :-) You guys are far away, but an important part of our life.
Hugs,
Kell
you definitely get a BIG plus for holding onto your report cards!!
ReplyDeletei think feisty is good. Lily gets her feistiness form me. ;)
Hey Kell! I was laughing while I read this one. Yes, you are moody. BUT, very lovable and hilarious always.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling well!
Much Love XO,
Hincks