Friday, February 11, 2011

A Random Friday List

Hello all.
It's Friday.  How pumped are you?
I'm pretty excited. It was a long week, but not a bad one. I'm really looking forward to the weekend.  And now, a few things in random list order:

1.  Did you vote?  Please, please, please vote for my blog.  I don't win a prize or become famous or anything, but frankly, I'm almost 7 months pregnant, stuck in a house in sub-freezing temps, I have no friends here and could just use a little boost by actually seeing my tiny blog get on the list at www.topbabyblogs.com.  There are some awe-inspiring, amazing blogs to compete with and so many great reads! Just click the button and then the link! 

2.  I've been feeling like a dump truck lately.  Pregnancy glow? Whatever. I'm feeling old.  I'm feeling lonely.  I'm feeling isolated.  I'm feeling ugly.  I miss San Diego winters where you could dress really, really cute. I've become a ma'am.  I actually told Brendan last night that I felt like I'd lost my sparkle.  *tear*

That being said, I'm getting highlights next weekend.  I'm strangely excited.  I think the ladies can give me an "amen" out there though.  I knew you'd understand girls. 

3.  Monsieur Brixton was a kicking MONSTER today.  I love it!  I love every little minute of it.  I know now why pregnant mommies always touch their bellies.  When he kicks me, I want to feel those precious little jabs with my own hand.  I've read on forums of mommies who are wondering how to make their babies stop kicking so much, since it's a distraction (and they are at work or something) but I'm all about more kicks!  I love seeing my tummy move around.  It kind of reminds me of when a mole is tunneling through your garden, but all you can see is a little dirt mound forming on top.  That's the best I could come up with.  Sorry. 

4.  Starting tomorrow, we are expecting a solid 7 days of temps over freezing!  Whoo-hoo!  Tomorrow kicks off with a balmy 33, but the real heat comes in around next Wednesday, when we will experience 45 degrees and rain!  (And rain washes away that formidable snow--I'm praying for a  nice, long rain!) 

Check in tomorrow for my 26 week baby belly photo!






9 comments:

  1. I know we've never officially met but my name is Lyndsay and I'm Alex's girlfriend (Brendan's old coworker at Cal Coast)... I saw this post and read some of your blog & loved it!... just know that you have support from one more here in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...... *smile* ......spring is almost here....at least that's what Puxatony Phil says....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in! I remember (even though it was long ago in a land far away - Texas) how my wife felt when she was going through this in the Texas heat - opposite temp but similar response. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndsay-

    Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it! Tell Alex hi from Brendan and I..

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve-

    I'm trying to hang in there--winter has me feeling a bit cooped up and all! Good for you for hanging in there at AHS..that place was too much for me!

    Thanks for the prayer--I appreciate it.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brendan & Kelley,

    This is so awesome. I absolutely love it all. One day, when Brix is old enough to understand, you are going to have to share it. Until then, keep it coming for all of us to enjoy.

    Much love,
    Redbeard

    P.S. It's going to be mid 70's here this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! I certainly have a talented daughter!! Makes me proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Redbeard for the love! I'm jealous of that 70 degree weather!

    Enjoy!

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love keeping up with your life Kelley. You make me laugh and bring back memories of pregnancy! What a talent you have. Always look forward to reading your take on life!!

    Love you,
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!