I got a little stir-crazy yesterday and was trying to figure out a way to streamline my blog. I'm not really satisfied with the choices that Blogger gives you, but I'm also not very computer savvy. I bought a template to use at a later date, but am afraid to install it in the fears of losing my posts/pics/widgets..
If anyone has any advice, or knows of a good template designer, let me know!
Anyway, this one is simpler and puts more emphasis on the words and pictures, rather than the background image..and I like it..for now. (But I don't love it).
i am SO un-savvy when it comes to computer stuff as well. i wish i could help! every time i tried to install a new template it made everything look crazy.
ReplyDeletei was going to let you know if you still wanted to write a little testimonial you could leave it in my comments. thanks! :)
Blogs are such annoying little monsters, aren't they?!
ReplyDeleteI remember the days of Livejournal blogging where 'templates' didn't exist but one could still modify basic elements (background color, user pics etc) and there was something so lovely about it.
We could write and post pictures without having to worry about our header image or plugins or templates or add-ons and STILL manage to meet new people in the blogging community!
The moral of the story is, your readers/fans are here because we like your words and your pictures. Many folks may even read your blog via an RSS Reader (which often doesn't even utilize your template, as they simply pull the text and pics out) so whatever you end up with on your blog is fine with us!!
I often find the closest to 'default' is the most appealing hah.
I know it doesn't really matter what the blog looks like...but I can't help it! I see these beautiful blog designs, all neat and tidy and cool looking and I want to have that look! This simple look is growing on me though..
ReplyDelete