Thursday, September 8, 2011
Brixton 4 Months Old
Dear Mr. Pickle,
You are 4 months old. You weigh 17.1 (!!!) pounds and are 27 inches long. You love hanging out in your swing and your exersaucer. You like playing on your playmat. You love it when Momma sings to you (and she's always singing, making up ridiculous songs about just anything in her path). Recently you've shown an interest in stories and being read to. You still like to wake up 1-3 times a night, sometimes sleepy-eyed, other times full of happy squeals and maniacal eye contact. Mornings are spent pulling individual strands of Momma's hair as she cuddles you in the big bed.
Your neck is getting really strong and there have been a few times you've seemed like you were going to roll over, but it hasn't happened. Your fingers are in your mouth all the time now and drool is constantly leaking out of your gummy smile. You are still battling the baby acne, but little by little it's improving. Your eyes are blue still, but in certain like still retain a quiet sheen of brown.
You love to smile and talk and scream with delight. You are one of the most verbal babies I've come across. You love your Daddy so much and smile knowingly when he comes into the room. You aren't blowing raspberries yet, but you are figuring it out by watching us. You seem very serious at times and only smile if you feel like it.
Mommy and Daddy love you so so so much. Our hearts burst everyday with love for you. Even if Momma gets crabby with you in the evening, it's just because she's tired and hungry and you're usually somewhat of a crab-cake. Until bath time, when you exert your last bit of happy baby energy and kick all the water out of your tub all over Momma. That gets you to smile. Everytime.
Love,
Momma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Ohmygod look at that chub! He is so cute! I love his cheeks - rosy!
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous pics! Love the 2nd to last one in the first set of him and the elephant! Adorable, I miss that stage!
ReplyDeleteNurse Loves Farmer
He's getting so big!! And his leg rolls are pretty awesome :)
ReplyDeleteI forgot to answer you about the diapers (i'm working on a whole post that i'll hopefully publish soon). Right now, I am using 12 prefolds, a snappie, and 3 covers (a grovia, a flip, and a rumparooz). That's all. I will def start adding to that as I can, but that's all I could afford right now and it's working! I just have to wash diapers and covers wayyy too often!
He is so adorable!! With my son Nicholas, it was like he just flat out refused to roll over for the longest time. Finally, one day he rolled over from front to back and then back to front. When my husband and I got excited over it he just gave us this look like what it wasn't that big of a deal.
ReplyDeleteKell, he is so beautiful! Seeing those kind of pictures makes me miss that baby stage. :o)
ReplyDeleteLove, Hincks
Happy 4 months, cutie!
ReplyDeleteHe's sooooo handsome.
ReplyDeleteLove that he's got the "cool guy" pose down (2nd photo), and that last photo makes my heart melt.
Happy 4 months sweet boy! He is adorable!!
ReplyDelete