Or maybe not.
Geez.
That picture makes me think of a crying clown. (cue circus music)
Brixton's been eating solids in various amounts for the past 4 weeks or so. He's had apples, beets, carrots, pears, bananas, corn and a foray into broccoli, which we quickly ended. When I put the broccoli spoon into his mouth, his expression looked like he was going to explode with disgust and possibily never eat any vegetables ever again. Ever. I quickly hid the spoon, started whistling and went into a riveting edition of The Wheels on the Bus in hopes of quickly burying that memory. We'll see if it worked.
Feeding Brixton is my least favorite baby chore, followed closely by giving him a bath. Brendan thinks I'm crazy, because the amount of fun going on during both activities is sky-high. I think it's just that both things require a lot more prep than just sitting down and feeding the baby or plopping him in the tub.
What baby chores are your least favorite?


i hate bath time. i loathe bath time. bath time is the bane of my existence. and then as they get bigger (say...four years old?) bath time is just as bad because their splashes are much larger.
ReplyDeleteI hate doing both of these things, too. My hatred comes down to the fact that both of these activities are so messy -- I hate messes. Food gets everywhere. Water gets everywhere. I'm getting more mellow about it, but it still annoys me to be soaking wet after giving her a bath.
ReplyDeleteI also dislike feeding my youngest (11 months). I've never seen a child get so messy as he does during a meal. I'm talking food in the eyes, ears and hair. plus he's pretty picky and refuses to be spoon fed.
ReplyDeleteI agree, feeding baby and bath time. I pawn those of on the husband as often as possible!
ReplyDeleteLaundry...ugh. It takes so much more than it used to now that solids are involved...pre-treating and pre-washing and turning things inside out...gah.
ReplyDeleteOkay, good. I don't feel like a loser now that I've admitted not liking feeding my child or bathing him!! Brendan has NEVER given Brixton a bath. He's afraid I guess. Kind of understand that..baby+water=daunting
ReplyDeleteyeah, pretty much dislike both of those baby chores. especially when you have to feed two... at the same time. and bathe two at the same time. (and usually 3 in the tub bc I may as well get my 2yr old clean as well)
ReplyDeleteNope. You're not alone.
Ugh...memories of spoon feeding are enough to make me shudder - definitely my least favorite baby task. I ended up skipping it altogether with my second child and it was way better! I have the story of our solids journey on my blog.
ReplyDelete