Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Fat Update

Since January 2nd I've lost 4.2 lbs. according to this morning's "Offical" weigh-in.  I'm skeptical though.  First of all, I felt 'heavy' this morning (if that makes sense).  I drank a ton of water last night, so I'm wondering if I'm holding on to some of that.  Secondly, I weighed myself just a few nights ago (and you know how much weight can fluctuate from morning to night) and weighed less.  So, I'm skeptical. 

I've been concentrating on working out about 3 times a week, mostly running, elipticaling (?), and my new love: boxing.  It's such a workout, the kind of one where your brow is covered with not only sweat, but gritty salt after the sweat dries.  Yuck.  

I'm still on the no-sugar train.  Not to say I've been perfect with it.  I had a total of about 2 cans of Coke.  A few times I said yes to sugar in my coffee.  And the other night, with a delicious Mexican meal, I had the nectar of the gods: Horchata.  Awww..I almost drank the whole thing in one gulp.  So cold, so rich, so sweet.  Ugh, so sweet.  My stomach was upset after. 

Valentine's Day is coming up and that's one of my sweets days.  I will eat chocolate.  I will have cake. It's a holiday, a special day, an occasion.  And that's okay.  Life goes on.  

But, no chocolate, no candy, no cookies, none of that on regular days.  So I'm still keeping on that, while adding in a new thing: no butter.  I love butter.  Butter, butter, butter.  Bread is a mode of transportation for butter going to my mouth.  So no more of that.  Next month I'll tackle something else.  I'm thinking fried foods or carb portion sizes.  But for now, butter.  

I have one more month to lose the rest of my baby fat..so I have to technically lose 4 more lbs.  I gave myself 10 months to take it off, since that's how long it took me to put on the 33 lbs I gained.  I've been lazy with getting it off and true to my procrastinating self.   Summer's coming up though and I have my eye on some cute swimsuits and dresses...

4 comments:

  1. I've been "clean" eating this week although I did eat some "game food" for the Super Bowl. But I've lost 2lbs and I'm keeping at it. And we are going out Sat. night for Valentine's and I will have bread, pasta and dessert! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I had jalapeno poppers and salami on game day. Delicious. Have fun Sat. night!

      Delete
  2. Try the "I cant believe its not butter" Spray... I stopped eating butter, and switched to that. It's HARD.. but this stuff taste just as good.. and has barely any calories, its great to put on bread and to cook with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that stuff tastes bad to me..like chemicals..I'd rather eat stuff plain.

      Delete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!