"I'm pregnant!"
"We are expecting number ___ in ____!"
"Please welcome __________ _____________ to the world!"
Pregnant. Pregnant. Pregnant.
Just so we're clear, I'm not.
But it feels like everyone else is. And can I be honest? I'm jealous. I thought one little baby would be enough for me. One little warm body, one time going through the newborn stage, one life to raise and teach. It's not enough for me. I want another.
Problem: Brendan doesn't.
I really didn't expect this. Every time I see the happy news on my Google Reader, or the Facebook update, or the clandestine call, I feel that sharp sting behind my eyes. Disappointment. Resignation. Sadness.
Brendan's probably the only one of us thinking with his brain though, and not his hormones (or anything else..a-hem). I'm not a person who functions well in high-stress environments. More kids=more stress=more irritable mommy=no fun.
So, yeah, he must be right.
Because I don't want to experience this again:
Or kiss on some disgusting gummy-smiled mouth. I mean, uh, gross..
Baby faces aren't really that cute anyways..
And anyway, to get this:
And I'm
Brendan tells me that I just want Brixton to be a tiny baby again, and maybe he's right. Maybe this is just like a biological mirage that tricks you into making another and another and another, because of that promised tiny baby that you can visualize in the distance.
For now, maybe forever, we are a one-kid house.






If anyone else has any dreams or desires they'd like crushed, please email me. I already get too many phone calls. - Brendan (Sperm Donor)
ReplyDeleteI hear you, friend. Only difference is, we ARE trying for our #2 but I feel this immesne pressure, only put on myself, by myself...to get pregnant right away because it feels like EVERYONE around me is pregnant. I have 2 SILs pregnant, my best friend is pregnant, and numerous online friends are. I just don't want to be "left out". BUT, I have no say in the matter....and that's what helps me through my selfish feelings!
ReplyDeleteSo I'll expect your happy news in my reader soon. Great.
Delete(Seriously though. So excited for you!!)
Oh my gosh! That last picture is perfect! I've noticed with my sister-in-law, that she was much happier to have waited three years before having her second child. She said it's more fun to hang out with the first for a while before welcoming a new one ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of scared to have a kid past 35, which is a problem since I'm 34. But who knows..maybe I'll make an exception???
DeleteCurrently I know 4 people besides me that are pregnant - 2 are family members. And my best friend said besides me she knows 3 other people as well. It's like 2012 is a big baby boomer year!
ReplyDeleteI think someone should of warned me a little more on the what you go through part to get to the cute part!!
I have four friends that are pregnant, plus a slew of internet friends. Geez, it does seem like a baby boomer year! Congrats on your little one!
DeleteI am right there with you!!! The bigger Brees gets, the more baby fever I get. I was even looking at maternity clothes online the other day, weirdo!!! That last photo of Brixton is priceless!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I look at maternity clothes at Target all the time. I'm always like, "Why didn't they have this when I was pregnant??" Then I get all sad. :-)
DeleteI've been feeling the same way! EVERYONE is pregnant. It's ridiculous. I want another baby, too.
ReplyDeleteThis IS ridiculous. Is a baby the newest accessory for 2012? Well la-dee-da..I guess we were way ahead of that trend because we had our babies in 2011. Word.
DeleteOh my goodness, you pretty much spoke my mind! Lol! If I hear one more pregnancy announcement.....but my hubby doesn't want anymore either and I know he's right. We barely make ends meet with one and I'm trying to get back into the work force and such so another baby isn't really an option. But it still doesn't mean I feel any less about wanting a second baby! Lol!
ReplyDeletewhen i started wanting gage to have a sibling, i got on my livejournal account and had everyone email peppy with emails titled 'impregnate your wife!' i think he got about 45. :)
ReplyDelete