Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Adjusting.

We decided to take a break from unpacking today and do something fun.  Yesterday was horrible.  Brixton was in a bad mood all day, which made me crabby all day, which made Brendan crazy all day.  The sun was shining this morning and the weather report called for temps in the 60s (!!) so we decided to take Brixton to the aquarium.  

Before I report that though, I just have to say: I can walk to coffee shops again.  That's so exciting to me I just can't tell you.  It's been 5 years since we lived somewhere where I wanted and could walk to the coffee shop.  I love coffee shops.  

Coffee shop day was yesterday:


I snapped up a Phil&Ted's Metro baby-backpack..for $60 brand new at a baby resale shop a few months ago!  Score!  Brixton loves riding up high and peeking around at everything.  Perfect for the city.


Our new place has huge windows that I love and really deep window sills, so I put my plants there.  They make me happy.  Brixton was happy too, but don't let him fool you; this transition to the new place has brought out a bad city attitude in this guy.


At the aquarium we saw the "show."  Beluga whales. Trainers.  Fish.  I guess I was expecting Sea World or something, with big swimming mammals flying out of the water or jumping through a ring or whatever.  Nope.  This show was "educational."  AKA I almost fell asleep.  I can only see a Beluga wave his flipper at me so many times. 


I want to nibble that little baby head. Ugh..serious. Okay, maybe not right not since he just went to sleep, but I'll take a nibble in the morning.


So after a few hours of wandering around, looking at jellyfish, sea otters and other things that I like on a sushi platter, we stopped at the cafe for breakfast burritos and the world's largest cupcake that looked almost exactly like a Hostess cupcake but bigger.  I ate it.  It wasn't even 11 am.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.  

I'm getting used to the noises here.  Luckily, our loud TV neighbor hasn't cranked up his movies the past few nights, so I hope that was just a fluke.  We got a new stereo yesterday so having some music on helps me not focus on other people's noise so much.  But we have so much to do still to get this place in order.  Moving with a baby is not nearly as easy as when you are baby-less.  

Time to make some tea and organize the CDs...

6 comments:

  1. Just as you move back to the city, I am moving out of mine (insert sad face here). Jealous of your close proximity coffee shops.

    Signed,
    Almost a Burb Dweller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that on your blog! I have nothing supportive or positive to say about moving to the 'burbs, except Good Luck and Godspeed!

      Delete
  2. You guys look so cute!! Just remember you don't have to do it all at once. :o)
    Love ya, Hincks
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, I don't have to do it all at once. It's how I feel though. :-( I hate living in filth...well, not filth, but messiness.

      Delete
  3. love those big windows filled with plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I saw how wide the window sills were! I can finally have succulents there too bc they will get so much light.

      Delete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!