Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Brixton: 10 Months

Brixton is 10 months old and has seemingly transitioned to more of a toddler stance in the past month.  Well, a toddler who can't actually toddle.  Or crawl for that matter.  Yep, he's still mobility-challenged, although I think by the time our 11 month old update comes along, we might have news to report.




He's starting to try to pull up on things more and more and he loves to stand (with help).  He's started to dance.  He's waving and clapping.  He wags his little finger during our Five Little Monkeys books, when the doctor scolds them.  He is, without a doubt, done with 99% of all pureed foods.  He shakes his head 'no' when we try to feed them to him.  He's all about PB&J, spicy Cuban beans, polenta, Gardenburgers, plantains, and drinking out of a straw, something that took him only one day to master.  He's totally a genius, right?  Wrong.  He can't crawl yet, remember?




He's definitely showing more attitude and opinions.  He cries more when things don't go his way.  We left the park today and he got mad.  He likes to be held more.  He LOVES being read to.  He loves his papa.  I thought he was transitioning down to one nap a day, but I think it led to his cranky alter ego and the Very Bad Week, so we are back to two naps a day, and like magic, it worked.  He understands so much, both in German and English, which thrills me to no end.  Just today I asked him in German, Where's your stomach?  and he promptly touched his own fat tummy, as opposed to mine.

Now that we're in the city, he's got a whole gaggle of new things to look at, hear, explore.  We've been under the 'L' train a few times when it's gone by--it's incredibly loud--and he starts a bit, then looks around with a worried look on his face.  I always cover his ears.  It just seems like the right thing to do, though I'm the one 34 years closer to deaf.  He's settled in to the new sounds of the city like a champ, sleeping through sirens, barking dogs and a crew of inmates walking down the sidewalk to pick up trash escorted by a Sherriff's van.  Ah, city life.  


This looks says to me, I'm only sitting here like this because you gave me a lemon cookie yesterday (recipe from Sarah--delish BTW).  I'm appeasing you, mother.  

**EDIT: I pride myself on now trying to reply to your comments.  I know it irks me when I comment on someone's blog and they don't acknowledge it (this applies only to blogs I don't often, if ever, comment on, not my regular ladies).  Sometimes I get behind, but I do reply!  So maybe it's a few days, or even a week later, but I do respond! So forgive me if I get behind!**

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I LOVE this jacket too! And I'm sad that it's almost summer so he won't wear it anymore. Oh well. Guess he'll just get a new one in the fall. Hee hee.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, what a stud! I wish his shoes came in my size haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be fun? I love seeing those little shoes!

      Delete
  4. I say this every month, but Brixton is such a handsome young gentleman. (It doesn't hurt that his mama dresses him so smartly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's like dressing up a little doll. A living, breathing doll. I've got to take advantage of this time before he gets too old and doesn't want me picking out his clothes anymore. You, lady, have a little girl to dress. *sigh* THAT looks fun! (and expensive???!)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Cute, right? Can't wait till Fall clothes are out again to find another little gem like this! Okay, maybe I CAN wait since spring just started! LOL

      Delete
  6. He is adorable! Oh that jacket. Glad you guys are adjusting to the city life. I am so jealous. Suburbia is a total bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. City life IS AWESOME! I don't know why we didn't move into the city ages ago..but we are here now and enjoying it!

      Delete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!