It's a gray and lazy Saturday morning. Brixton slept in this morning until almost 9 (!!!). We cuddled a bit in bed with him, clad only in a diaper and his vast fat rolls. And that skin! Is there anything softer than baby skin?
We padded upstairs for coffee. This mama made her two sweets some scrambled eggs and pancakes (from a mix, I'm not all that ambitious in the morning). Apparently, Brixton has become a pancake fan, as the squeals of glee indicated.
Later, after the breakfast dishes were assembled into mini leaning towers of Pisas in the sink, abandoned and ignored, we congregated on the couch, sipping the last of our hot coffee now turned lukewarm.
While we chatted and planned and dreamed, Brixton played on the floor. His little nose was kind of runny this morning, we plied him with tissues and appropriate tongue clucks that parents of sick children do.
Brixton sneezed. I looked over at him. Beyond the expressed boogs that ran down his upper lip, there was something else. Something dark. Something that definitely didn't look like it belonged shooting out of a kid's nose.
A couple of weeks ago Brixton was enjoying some blueberries during lunchtime. He loves him some blueberries.
While I watched, he rubbed his nose, palm flat against it. While I watched, a piece of blueberry disappeared like magic. Where did it go? Did I just see that? It seemed like the blueberry went up his nose.
I grabbed him for a peek up there. I didn't see anything, so I just decided I was being crazy again and I didn't see what I saw.
Until this morning, when I ran over to the Dark Thing before it could get in his mouth and be lost forever. I grabbed it out of the slime. I knew immediately my earlier suspicions had been correct. He had snorted a piece of blueberry into his nose and that blueberry had been residing there in his sinus cavity for the past couple of weeks.
"It's a blueberry." I said.
"A blueberry." Brendan repeated, mystified. "Are you sure?"
I squeezed it. Some blueberry goo came out. Then, a seed.
"Yep. A blueberry."
That's unbelievable! I can't believe it stayed up there that long! haha Wow!
ReplyDeleteI know, I couldn't either, but I knew right away what it was when it shot out of there!
DeleteLuckily Braden hasn't been interested in his nose yet, but as an ER nurse, I can assure you...kids will stick ANYTHING and EVERYTHING up their noses! hehe, too funny!
ReplyDeleteMy Grandpa, who is 91, believes when he was about 3 or 4 he stuck a button up his nose and it never came out. He thinks he has been walking around for the past 87 years with a button up his nose. LOL
DeleteOh my goodness!! LOL! I love your new header! Glad that blueberry came out!
ReplyDeleteThanks, it's one of my fave new pictures. BTW, you are looking AWESOME!!!
Delete