Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mountain Wedding I

 I've have been on post-vacay mode these past few days, unpacking, editing pictures, trying to get back into the swing of normal life again.  Traveling is fun, even better when it involves seeing the best of friends, watching two wonderful people tie the knot, and eating more than my fair share.  


On our flight to Seattle, we couldn't get a seat for Brixton, who slept for the first 30 minutes and then wiggled his way through the next 4 hours of the flight.  Exhausting.  I developed a cracking headache and motion sickness during the bumpy descent and all of us had a mild case of the grumpies.  Then we had a 2.5 hour drive up to Lake Wenatchee.


I think the best part of the drive up was that Brixton had to ride facing forward.  It was so funny to look back there and see his little face looking back at me, or watching him looking out the window at whatever tickled his fancy.  


The second best part of the trip up was the $2 I spent on two mylar balloons that kept Brixton occupied for the duration of not only the car trip, but almost the entire week we were in Seattle.  Anytime he got angry or fussy, I'd just ask him where the balloon was and that was enough of a distraction to make him happy again. 

The drive up was beautiful, with trees stretching high up into the sky, rocky mountain peaks, and gushing rivers.  Finally, after a long day's journey, we reach our destination--a little rustic farmhouse, with chickens, horses, and enough charm for a dozen weddings.         



 I like to imagine this photo was taken in 1920 or something.  Brendan was the Best Man, and they wanted the guys to dress kind of "old-fashioned" like this.  The guys looked awesome!






 



 We got the pink room with the full bed.  Very cozy. Beautiful views. 



 


 I wasn't kidding about the balloons.  He LOVED them.  The white balloon floated off to balloon heaven shortly after this picture was taken.  



 

Other fun things: collecting eggs from the henhouse, chatting with all the other women during our girl's night, eating far too many lemon bars, laughing, spending time with our friends that were getting hitched.

Oh, and being in the MOUNTAINS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I reply to them too!