-Brixton has discovered his gag reflex. By this I mean his newest latest obsession is stuffing four fingers in his mouth as far as they'll go until he gags. He makes the loud gagging sound, followed by copious amounts of drool and big smiles. Except from me, who really ends up gagging. No matter how many times I shout out NO! or swat his hand away, he goes back for more.
-I haven't worn makeup in about 4 weeks and it's so liberating. Sure, I might look crappy and tired, but it's because I am. And who needs to cover that fact up? Not me, especially when I can go to bed without washing my face and feel 3x less guilty about it.
-Brixton still isn't even close to walking, but he's talking up a storm. Here's his list so far:
- ball
- balloon
- teddy
- schoen (nice)
- nein
- no
- blau (blue)
- dog
- bear
- Pim (his panda)
- bike (much to Brendan's delight)
- bye bye
- baby
- shuh (for Flasche--bottle)
- hush
- banana
-I'm thinking about starting the weaning of the night-night bottle. But, I think we have a few months still. I can't help it, I think I am the one that needs that sweet cuddle time each night. I can't even think about getting rid of the paci yet, but I have a plan for that. As much as he loves his paci, he only gets it for sleep times or very, very, grumpy times. Or if he finds one, which seems like often, since I'm convinced he stashes them around the house.
-I went to the dermatologist yesterday for a mole check. If you haven't ever gotten a mole check, I beseech you, please go! I have melanoma in my family, so I'm just waiting for my turn. They took a mole off yesterday and I had to get a few stitches, along with the orders of NO EXERCISE FOR TWO WEEKS. What?! Don't they know I'm trying to lose some weight??? Well, that kind of put me into a funk. The stress of waiting for the biopsy results and then not being able to exercise..ugh. I admit, I needed some chocolate after that.
-I ordered a Clarisonic from Amazon yesterday. I'm so excited to get it. Anyone else out there using it?
-Happy Birthday to my hubs! He's turning 36 so I'm waiting for him to come to me in the next year or two and ask to buy a red Corvette.


Happy birthday to your husband! Chris still begs me everyday for a Corvette. We actually made a deal about 3 years ago that if I got pregnant, he would get his Corvette. Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear how the Clarisonic treats you. I'm curious to know too!)
I'm excited for my Clarisonic, but I hope I didn't just buy into the hype!
DeleteWe recently stopped giving the night time bottle... Pretty much cold turkey just to see what would happen. And it went really well. The first two nights El looked over like um where is my bottle B? But didn't cry or fuss, and we still cuddle/rock to relax right before bed.
ReplyDeletePs go brix with all those words! He's a smarty pants!
Pps. Hate and love dermatologist. I go every year since melanoma is in my family, too.
I'm hoping he'll take it okay and I hope I take it okay too! I'm still in the love dermatologist phase, especially when she gives me magical potions to make my skin look better!
DeleteBrixton has such an amazing vocabulary! That's awesome. It's so much fun when they start talking. Thanks for linking up! I love hearing all these random things people are up to.
ReplyDeleteIt is so much fun! New surprises every day!
DeleteGag reflex: C has been doing this for awhile. I totally don't get it. WHY DO THEY THINK IT IS SO COOL??
ReplyDeleteMakeup: I haven't worn any in...um...I seriously don't know how long. Solidarity!
Walking: C isn't anywhere close to walking yet either. When I hold him up he either takes ridiculously huge wobbly steps or acts like his legs are noodles.
Weaning: We're done with bottles as of last week. I still nurse C in the morning and at night though, so it's really just the lack of bottle-washing that has changed. Which I'm thrilled about.
Best wishes for good results from the doctor and a happy birthday to your hubby!!
I wore makeup today and I have to admit, I felt much prettier.
DeleteGag relex..so gross. He did it yesterday in Baby Gap and I almost lost my lunch.
Okay, what's a Clarisonic?
ReplyDeleteIt was designed by the people who made the sonic-care toothbrushes..it's for your face though. It's a little handheld brush thing that gently exfoliates your skin and probably uses sonar somewhere or something, hence the name. I've been wanting one for a while, so we'll see if it was worth it!
DeleteI remember saying the same thing about rocking my daughter to sleep at night. I just needed that cuddle time with her. It's so hard to see them grow up. And I second what you said about getting moles checked...so important! Melanoma is scary stuff.
ReplyDeleteIt is SO HARD watching them get bigger, isn't it? Even though that's supposed to be the goal, I guess!! Ha!
DeleteOh my gosh, is that a normal baby thing that I, as a not-yet-mommy, am not privy to? Like, at XX months, they crawl, at XX months, they smile for the first time and at XX months, they go into self-induced baby barf mode?
ReplyDeleteI was a little surprised by it too. I didn't know bulimia developed so early. (Yes, that's so insensitive. I make no apologies bc that's what I think of every time he does it).
DeleteI was so gonna write .. And at XX months, they develop baby-bulimia but I was afraid to! Ha!
Delete