Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Good-bye Friends

In our short 8 months of city living, we were lucky enough to find a group of kids and mamas that all got along and enjoyed each other's company enough to hang out once a week.

Over various snacks and usually accompanied by lots and lots of coffee, we mamas talked and laughed and commiserated.  We got to know each other.  We watched our children play and grow.  We celebrated first steps and sleeping through the night.  
In these times we were reminded of ourselves; the women we used to be when living was just for us, when conversations flowed and we always had time for our friends.

Even though it was just for a short time each week, I always looked forward to it.  

We'll miss you, dear friends..and those who couldn't make this epic picture day!! 



An imperfectly perfect shot--still getting used to my new lens..



"Where's your nose?"
 




Four of these kids are bilingual(or going to be!): Russian, French, German, and Spanish!  Our group also had another German speaker and a Dutch speaker!  I loved it!
 


 I love the chaos of this last one..

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm.... which one of those children looks really comfortable with a camera in his/her face?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!