Stoked- I've been doing a lot of online window shopping lately, plotting what I'm going to do with our new house. We need quite a bit of furniture, but are working in a budget. I spotted this media console at World Market and liked. Problem: $500.
Until I looked in my email the other day and noticed a World Market email that said 50% off all media furniture--today only! So indeed, I hopped online, showed Brendan, got the ok, and purchased for half price! Bonus: I saved the $30 for shipping by googling "World Market coupon code" and finding a code that saved me the shipping. I google for coupon codes almost every time I purchase something online and I can't tell you how much I've saved. Try it!
Watching- The Walking Dead. It's back, finally. Confession: I play a game when I take the trash out to the dumpsters. I give myself 10 seconds to get back to the gate, get the key, open the gate, and get inside. Why? Because I'm pretending zombies are chasing me. I told Brendan about my game. He said I was weird. Then he played it. Addicted. (And very stressful, he said.)
Dating- In an effort to get rid of our remaining Chicago groupons before we move (and spend quality time together, duh), we are doing two date nights in a week. Whoa!! Revolutionary, I know. The other night was Puerto Rican food (my opinion: that will be the last time I seek out PR food.) and then we sat and watched Argo. Very good. Amazing to see what schemes the government can come up with! Scary to see what schemes the government can come up with! Next week: our favorite Italian restaurant.
Eating- Horrible. Moving=lots of stress, boxes everywhere, messes everywhere, arguing, short tempers. All of this adds up to stress eating. I never did this before I got married. Anyone have tips for stopping? Otherwise, I'll clog my arteries eating this (delicious) junk:
Chocolate milkshake with a french fry. The food of sad middle aged housewives everywhere. Or teens. Or anyone else that likes this weird combo, really. Truth be told I rarely have milkshakes, but when I do, I prefer mine with french fries.
Parenting- Moving when Brixton was a baby? No fun, but manageable. Moving with a toddler? Ugh. Now that he's more mobile, has an opinion, and demands entertainment all the time, I'm really dreading the next few weeks. For now, I have to make do with some really simple distractions:
Not that this is a new idea or anything, but if you haven't tried it yet, it can easily buy you 10 minutes. Enjoy.
i absolutely love frosties from wendy's with fries dipped in them. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely adorable and cute in every sense! What a great shopping find, have a great week!
ReplyDeleteTotally get the paper magazine on the floor! I do it too! Love it when there are new flyers to give my toddler to destroy :)
ReplyDeleteShame they dont clean it themselves afterwords though...