I haven't shopped at F21 in about 10 years. The size of the store overwhelms me and the clothes just don't last that long.
::To be honest, that store just makes me feel old.::
Well, I went in recently. I had some Christmas money and the determination to find some cute stuff. And surprise, surprise, I did!
This outfit will go over much better in the spring and summer. I didn't go outside in this, but if I wanted to I would just pop on a long sleeve light gray t-shirt underneath and trade the black flats for tan boots.
I really like the pop of color with the belt. I didn't realize that my lipstick and nails were going to match it so well! But I love the red against that blue.
I think the only bummer about F21 is that the sizes feel like they are built more for a teen/young woman body. I originally bought a medium in the shirt, but the sleeves/shoulder area was too tight, so I exchanged for a large, which was too big. It shrunk a bit after washing, but I'm still looking for that perfect fit. Actually, it is a perfect fit because this is the kind of outfit you wear when you feel dumpy, bloated, or are planning on eating a lot of food. The expandable waist on the leggings is tres forgiving...
Necklace-F21
Shirt-F21
Belt-F21
Leggings-Target (so old they have holes! Classy.)
Shoes-Zappos






I *love* this look. It's what I would want my uniform to be if I had to wear one. The belt elevates it! And can I also mention I love your wooden table???
ReplyDeleteThat table? Craigslist find of the century! It's super solid and I love it!
DeleteSuper cute look!! I LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I was so comfy!
Deletei love shirtdresses! what i don't love is how forever 21 has models who (according to the website) are 5'10 and can wear their shirtdresses as an actual dress. i'm 5'7 and my butt cheeks hang down the back.
ReplyDeleteReally? That's weird! I wouldn't wear it as a dress though--too shear.
Deletesuper cute! i still shop at f21 although now i call it f41. funny, before it was f31.....
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha! Yes, I think it's perfectly fine if the name changes according to your decade..it's actually smart marketing, right?
Delete