Nothing saps energy like 6 solid weeks of illness. I know this now. I've been getting these cracking headaches every morning upon waking that just start the day off rough. And just when I thought Brixton's runny nose was clearing up, this morning a brand new parade of green worms has made its way out of his nostrils.
Did I mention Brixton's thermos of water leaked out in my purse? It drowned my phone. After a day, the phone worked again, except for the camera. I can't tell you how sad I am not to be able to take pictures right now. It's the small things. I'm hoping for a new phone soon, though this is rather a point of contention with one Mr. Husband.
Right now I'm looking forward to playing outside, planting veggies, spring cleaning, getting taxes finished, taking Brixton on long walks, water balloons, and warm mornings. Also, not wiping a runny nose every 5 minutes. Let's start with that.
I've joined a MOPS group in the area. If you didn't know, MOPS is Mothers of Preschoolers. So twice a month, I meet with other women, eat breakfast, chat, hear an inspiring message, and enjoy 2 solid hours while Brixton happily plays in the childcare room. The part that is really exciting for me is that MOPS is Christian based, so just when I think I can't anymore, I find some morsel of truth and hope, and I find that I can.
I got my hair done the other day. It took almost three hours and that was JUST for highlights. It was worth the time investment though because the girl did an awesome job. She even gave me a free trim after I told her the horror story of my last salon experience. My hair is much lighter now, approaching blond. It's kind of weird after so many years of dark hair, I keep looking at it in the mirror. I'll tell you what though--it hides the gray and requires much less upkeep!
I have a few posts in my draft box, posts I am waiting for the inspiration to complete them. I find it so much easier to write posts when they are picture based. Kind of hard to do when you aren't taking any pictures though, basically because you live in pajamas and don't leave the house. (Not true, we've gone to several awesome playdates lately).
We still have 20 months on our lease on this house. I like this house, I love our town, this move was the best choice we've made in a long time. Now we are dreaming of buying a house and I'm excited because I think it will all work out. I spend too much time on realtor.com looking at homes, calculating mortgage payments, and studying school districts. Anyone else do this? And while I'm excited about owning a home again, part of me is sad still--homesick for San Diego--the beach, the palm trees, the laid-back vibe, the youth, the energy, lazy brunches, people saying gnarly and being serious about it, 50 degrees being cold--and buying here just means we are staying. A daunting/tantalizing realization.
Boo to sickness! It's been a rough season - I feel like between Oliver and I, we've constantly been sick since Thanksgiving. MOPS groups are awesome! Where I live my church runs one, it's not technically mops but it's the same deal and it's so popular that all the local mops groups are empty woops! But it's just so lovely and quite a lifesaver at times! Good luck with the house search, thinking about buying a home is super exciting!
ReplyDeleteIt HAS been a bad flu/sickness season! I don't remember ever being sick like this before--it seems constant! I'm really excited about the MOPS group, I hope to make some new friends and feel more of a connection to this community!
DeleteI'm sorry if my Instagramming this weekend contributed to any homesickness! If it helps, I know exactly how you feel. We aren't in any position to buy a home (who is in L.A.?), but we are contemplating our next move. Will we move or will we stay? It's a question that we think about daily. And I'm not just talking about homes, I'm talking about cities and/or states.
ReplyDeleteWell, I was already a bit homesick because on the news I saw a mega-pod of dolphins off the coast of San Diego and that made me sad. And I love your instagramming--I'm glad you were able to enjoy it there even if I wasn't! California is the best...if you can afford it. Hence why I live in Illinois!!
DeleteI love these kinds of update posts so much! And Brees' cup spills onto everything, I have yet to find a cup that doesn't leak in some way. Such a bummer!
ReplyDeleteI'm still in shock over your announcement!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM BOY!
Delete