It was late, late August, hot and sticky, an evening that Brendan and I found ourselves just sitting around, full of energy but not full of plans.
I noticed the local skating rink was having an 80s music night and begged Brendan to go for an hour.
On the car ride there we listened to Iron & Wine's first album The Creek Drank the Cradle. The song was Upward Over the Mountain.
This line came on and I cried:
Mother remember the blink of an eye that I breathed through your body.
Then, being me, I had to start the song again just so I could cry to that line again.
Little did I know that I was already pregnant and was indeed experiencing that blink of an eye.
I listened to that song again today and wept. That blink of an eye is almost over.
oh my gosh kelley, i cannot listen to that song without bawling like a baby.
ReplyDeleteOMG. Just reading this brought tears to my eyes. I miss being pregnant and I never thought I would. I'm kind of sad he came so early :(
ReplyDeleteEnjoy it while you can mama :)
Waaaah! Just reading your comments on it makes me cry!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful
ReplyDelete