Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dear Brixton

Dear Brixton,

Well buddy, we're almost done with this leg of the journey.  You've done a heck of a job growing in there and as for me, well I've just done a heck of a job growing.  The thought that you could come anytime now fills me with fantastic excitement and honestly, not really even a little bit of fright.

Ok, just a wee bit.  

Daddy and I have your room put together-all the little bouncy seats and swings and other what-whats are all in order.  Decorations are done.  Clothes are washed.  Diapers are organized.  Diaper cream at the ready.  I have just one more load of sweet clothes to wash and then we'll be done.  

The rest of the house on the other hand...ha.  It's not a pigsty, but not really how I imagine the condition I would like it to be in when bringing you home.  And that condition?  Spotless.  In order. As perfect as you'll be when you are born.  

Remember that night a week ago when you made Mommy feel like doo and she had to go to the hospital?  Wow.  That night was a real eye-opener.  The house was a wreck!  I didn't even have an overnight bag packed just in case.  

Well, believe me little man, that's going to get done too.  And Mommy's been shaving her legs on a more regular basis.  

As for you, you've seemed to again creep up towards the ribs and now that you are so big and strong it REALLY hurts.  You're constantly awake it seems and always poking some limb out of my stomach.  You love to hiccup.  You make me very thirsty, which is fine.  I had heartburn so bad yesterday I cried.  

Daddy's excited to meet you, but I also think Daddy's secretly excited to have me not pregnant anymore.  My sour moods, thrashing around like a beached dolphin in the middle of the night and get this, I just asked him: "What will you remember of me when you think back to me being pregnant?"  Without pause he answered:  

"Your horrible gas."

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. while i was pregnant with owsley, we were playing this board game with my family. one of the questions was "something easily deflatable." peppy answered with "deanna's intestines."


    ah, our sweet husbands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the WORST part about Porter coming early was that I hadn't shaved my legs in like, a week, haha. IT SUCKED. I was really embarrassed for a short minute, then my modesty went out the window real quick with those freakin contractions...not to mention, the 2 HUGE SPOTLIGHTS that were built into the ceiling pointed right at my vajayjay, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Deanna-I know, what sweet guys..luckily I'm obviously not embarrassed easily by stuff like that!

    @Joan-My legs look like men's legs after a week, I swear. Oh, and I saw those spotlights in the ceiling too when I went into the hospital a few weeks ago. I was so naive, I thought "That must be in case of a C-section or something." Guess not. Lady parts on all sorts of display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like it's time. sounds like Brixton is growing out of room in there.
    as for diaper cream, not sure what you got but, the only thing you will EVER need is A&D. it's a cure all.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!