Friday, April 15, 2011

A Lola Snuggle

I don't really know if Lola gets that something is happening in her little world.  She knows there's a room full of stuff she's not really welcome in.  She sees me folding tiny baby clothes all the time.  She saw me cry and get really mad at her when she chewed one of Brixton's toys.  

Some people say their dog started acting differently around them or more protective.  I can't really say that, but on the night I had to go to the hospital for the Braxton-Hicks, when I came home and went to bed, she cuddled up next to me, making sure she was touching me the whole night.  So maybe she's on to something.
The other night I invited her to snuggle with me on the couch.  This is the position she assumed.  Maybe she's discovering that the baby bump is good for something other than just getting shooed away or reprimanded when she tries to crawl on me.  

Sweet dreams to my first baby love...

4 comments:

  1. aww so precious!! Boxers are the sweetest dogs. ever. We have a 10 year old girl boxer and she is so gentle and loving :) She seems to sense when my mom is having a bad day because she will come and cuddle at her feet :)

    much love,
    Samarah♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, she's so sweet! i think she definitely senses/smells something is going on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Samarah...Aren't Boxers the best? We got our girl almost 4 years ago at a shelter and have been in love ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. And here I was trying to keep the cat away from my belly the entire time I was pregnant -- but that cat has claws, so it was more in my interest than the baby's. ;-)

    I love your blog, and I'm working on rounding up some guest posts for my blog for a Mother's Day party. I'd really love it if you were to contribute something. I couldn't find an email address to write you personally on the details, but if you are interested, you can message me at littlegraypixel (at) yahoo (dot) com and we can chat more!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!