I wish the title was Movin' back to Cali, but...it's not. It's just a visit. I'm going to be that person on the beach in November in a bathing suit in all of my white glory. Tourist, the locals will sneer.
I'm not! I'm not! I used to live here! (Yeah. Just like I used to be cool, but I'm not anymore.)
Tickets booked. City Mini stroller bought. Bags packed. Ok, bags aren't packed yet, but I'm already planning what to pack. It's going to be a long trip with a lot of traveling. First plane ride for Brixton and it should be interesting. We are flying into the OC and then I'm heading on down to SD to show Brixton off to everyone that's interested in having a 6 month old baby shoved in their face. Then we are flying up to NorCal, to Oma and Grandpa's house for a bit too. On the way home we have a layover in Vegas, so Brixton will get his first tutorial in how to lose $20 on the Wheel of Fortune slots in 3 minutes.
While I'm head-over-heels excited to go back, I'm afraid that when I get home, I'm going to find a lump of homesickness hiding for me in my luggage (TSA never finds stuff like that). Just booking the tickets put me into a funk that lasted two days, so I'm not sure how I'm going to avoid it.
yay! that's exciting! you will have a great time :) I always get that stupid dang lump every time I leave IL..it sucks, but it's so worth it to be there :) Good luck with all of the flights ;)
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm not from Cali, my mom is and in general I miss the West coast…have a great trip and tell the west coast I said hello! :)
ReplyDeleteSafe travels! i myself have a cali dream.. lol! i would love to visit cali in the future =)
ReplyDeleteStopping by to send some bloggy love from your new follower.
Hope you can follow me back http://iamblissfullyloved.blogspot.com/