Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Regarding gDiapers: I Want a Refund"...

That quote provided by my husband, who, after putting Brix in one of their diapers, had it leak all over after just an hour.

I really wanted to love gDiapers.  I wanted to write a glowing post, describing our ease and joy of cloth diapering.  But I can't.  

It's not the diapering itself.  It's how completely unreliable and inconsistent the gDiapers are.  The first week went great, but it went downhill from there.  I've had leaks galore, sought advice on the gDiapers Yahoo group, stripped the cloth inserts twice and just feel jipped.  The Yahoo group was really helpful and offered some tips, but really, it's a diaper.  There's only a set number of ways to muck it up so bad that you have leaks.  You put the diaper on, make sure it's not too tight, check the seal and you should be set.

It rarely turns out that way.  Usually it's an anxious hour and then checking for the inevitable leak around the legs.  As I type this we probably haven't used our cloth in close to two weeks.  The gPants are all waiting for the next wash.  So now I'm not sure what to do.  We invested in these and I am not getting any other cloth diapers, so I guess we will just continue to use them and have to wash his clothes more.  The whole thing kind of chaps my hide if you want to know the truth.

On a bright note, actually dealing with the cloth was great.  The poo diapers were gross, yes, and I gagged through the first one, but otherwise everything was easy.  I did about 2-3 extra loads of laundry a week and dried the inserts on a drying rack with a 10 minute finish in the dryer. 

My verdict: if you feel inclined to take on cloth diapers, go for it, but I would look somewhere other than gDiapers.

8 comments:

  1. We've had EXACTLY the same problem with our cloth naps (different brand)!! The company even gave us their new and improved diapers and still the same problems!! We just have to make sure he gets changed at least 2 hourly and has enough spare sets of clothes :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good and bad things about Gdiapers. I haven't used them myself (just tried them out once) but I've been through several other types of diapers. I've bought and sold on eBay and diaperswappers.com until I found the right ones for us. You could always try to sell them and try out a different system. Flips are similar, but with out the liner. The flip cover is pul so it's one piece instead of two. If you keep them, there is always a chance that they will fit better as Brixton grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell me which diaper covers worked for you? thank you

      Delete
  3. I don't have any experience with gDiapers, too bad you're not having a good experience, hopefully it turns around! They have a good resale value on DiaperSwappers.com or probably even Craig's list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only people I personally know who love gdiapers are those who use them on girls. I had the same problem with my older son and gave up on them. I wanted them to work too but it didn't. I did have some luck with Kawaii diapers but after #2 came along we are back to disposables.

    Some companies offer 30 day trials and will give you a refund if your not satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments..I didn't even know about diaperswappers so I'll have to check that out! Or just wait till he grows a bit more. Or not. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry that gDiapers didn't work out for you. :( I have been using them for 5 years and with now my third son and LOVE them (Lesley- there you have it, a mom of boys who LOVES g's) I have two in them now. I rarely have leaks, and when I do it was my own fault. I would love to help you out if you have any interest in trying again. Feel free to pm me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so sad.... We have used gdiapers for 8months now and never had a leak. We did have one blow out but it was the kind of blow out that no diaper would have held. Try to head over to their Facebook page and ask around for suggestions. Other mamas and the folks are ghq are mega helpful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!