Thursday, January 19, 2012
Little Snowflake
Winter finally decided to make an appearance, which gave me a chance to properly introduce Brixton to snow. It never quite goes like you think it's going to. I'm thinking he would be completely mystified, amazed, intrigued. Instead he just kind of sat there, wondering why mommy had him out in the sub-freezing temps and where the colorful grass went.
This picture kind of made the huge task of suiting him up worth it. Stuffing this turkey into a snowsuit involved me breaking a sweat, Brixton bursting into angry baby tears, and then I dropped my camera into the snow. But I captured those eyes. Those crazy eyes.
I dropped my camera in the snow while setting Brixton down. The snowsuit made his body not very bendy, so the whole thing was a mess. I was so busy wiping off the quickly melting snow from off my camera, that I didn't notice I had switched it to the continuous shot mode. After seeing the blinking light (normally telling you to run into your spot and smile) and the melting snow, I was convinced I had just broken my camera.
Snow photos ruined. Mommy mad.
I hauled the snowsuited Brixton back inside, plopped him on the guest bed and tried to figure out the problem. I pushed the button for a test photo and all I got was the blinking light again. And then..click..click..click..click..click..click..click in rapid succession. Oh.
Brixton must have known the whole time with that little smile, because the above is the shot I got. Ten of 'em.
It's only January, so we've got a few solid months of this winter thing. I don't mind, though. I get to see my Brixton with a cold, red, nose. Worth it, though I'm not sure he'd agree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Ah! Those pictures are so adorable! That snowsuit is ridiculously cute and look at that smile! What a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteAhh..thanks! The snowsuit was such a steal at Old Navy!
DeleteI love that picture of him on the bed looking back at you. That little smile all while mom was trying to figure out the camera. seriously- so dang cute,
ReplyDeleteI lucked out on that one!
DeleteCrazy Eyes is ridiculously adorable!
ReplyDeleteBut crazy, right? I think he looks a little bit maniacal! (sp??)
Delete