1. So you know how I've been like, "I'm not eating sugar, it's awesome, I feel great"?
Well.
Something bad happened today. It's called the Easter candy aisle. Why are you already there Easter candy aisle?! I couldn't help it, really. It was about lunch time, I was hungry, those sweet pastel colors look so gentle and kind. Malted Milk eggs aren't really that bad for you right? I mean it's just malted milk. Reese's Pieces in a carrot-shaped bag? Kind of like a vegetable. Milk chocolate eggs? I just about passed them by until I read the part where it actually said "Extra-Creamy Milk Chocolate." I had to try that out. Cadbury eggs? Ok, those are so bad for you, but oh-so-good too (but mostly not that great, I was just hungry at the time. I don't really even like those that much. Just got them for Brendan. *Wink wink*).
So far I've cracked the seal on the malted milk balls. Eh. I'm kind of over those already. The Reese's are just straight up gone, with the exception of two little pieces sitting right next to me as I type this. (Edit: gone). (Second Edit: Milk Chocolate eggs are gone too. 3 days later).
Brendan called me a little bit ago. "Guess what this is," I told him and then crunched into a Reese's. "A chip?" "Would that be note-worthy?" I asked all sarcastic, you know, because sugar makes me annoyed and angry. "It's a Reese's." I said defiantly, pouring a few more into my mouth and crunching loudly as he cried out, "Baaaaaabbbee..nooooooooooooooooooo!"
2. I bought a rolltop desk from a used furniture store for our new place. Brendan has his "man-desk" with all his important man stuff on it and there's no place for my delicate lady stuff. The desk is wood, scratched, old. $50. I got a huge burst of inspiration and energy yesterday after packing a few (more) boxes for our move.
I decided I'm going to paint the desk. Colonial Red.
After a covert trip to Home Depot, I fired up the sander, strapped on my face mask and started sanding. And sanding. And sanding. I woke up last night numerous times because my arms were burning. On fire. Sore. Aching. I actually had to get up and take some Advil just so I could sleep again.
And today? More sanding. The fun part--priming and painting--aren't here yet.
Brendan isn't very supportive of this project, my first furniture painting venture BTW. I tend to rush through stuff and just want the end product instead of doing it right and someone usually has to pick up my pieces, so maybe that's why he groaned last night on the phone and said, Really?
But I think it's gonna be awesome! And even if it's not I still have to keep it.
3. Brixton's entering into that Separation Anxiety phase of babyhood. I've noticed during several recent outings, that if there are a lot of people he doesn't know around us, he'll look up at me and then reach his little hand out to touch me. Sometimes he tries to fall into my lap (since he can't crawl yet) so that I'll pick him up. It's really cute, but I know where this can go: Daddy can't hold him, he's freaked out at classes, it's mama, mama for everything.
It's a fairly short phase though. And kind of precious, so I think I'll just soak it up.
4. We are moving in T-10 days. I want to/don't want to. Most of my reluctance stems from my lack of interest in packing. I hate packing. I've also been donating and selling things left and right. Lots to do still. And now a desk to paint. I do have great timing don't I? (I had to do the desk now though, while we have a garage.)
5. I haven't been to the gym in a long time. :-( When I know a big change, like a move, is coming, I lose focus. I can only focus on what's coming up and I can't "live in the moment." I doubt I'll have lost my last few lbs. of baby fat to be back at my pre-baby weight. Oh well. Maybe by his birthday.
Oh boy, I'm giving up chocolate for Lent. I'm not a Catholic, but it seemed like a good time to do it because I'm wildly addicted to Cadbury creme eggs.
ReplyDeleteWell good luck with that sister. I just reread this post and remembered I put the Cadbury's in the freezer. You know where to find me!
Deletethe desk in red sounds awesome. you know as far as Brixton is concerned, it's a growing stage and it will pass. i'm with you, i can't focus on lots of things at the same time.
ReplyDeletegood luck on the move. are you staying in chicago?
I just primed the desk today and I'm getting excited. I'm sure a picture will come at some point. Yes, we are actually moving into Chicago proper now..I'm excited--fashion, coffee shops, things to do!
DeleteJust found your blog and really enjoy it! :) Hope you stop by! P.S. Brixton is adorable!
ReplyDelete