I had a big day.
Brixton had music class, so I actually changed out of my SAHM uniform of Brendan's flannel pj pants and a sweatshirt (not pictured. You're welcome). We went to music class, had a blast, and then came home. Total time out: 45 minutes. But let's just pretend I look like this all the time okay?
By the way, I HATE doing these pictures. First of all, I feel like waaaay pretentious that anyone gives a rat what I'm wearing. Second, I feel like a complete DB standing in my backyard posing. I can feel the eyes of my neighbors on me, what is she doing? Honey, come look, she's doing it again! Anyone else feel like a complete dork when it comes to self photos?
Can I just add though that it's February. And I'm not wearing 3 layers and a puff jacket/scarf/hat/gloves. Very cool. Another question: Is anyone thinking winter's going to show up in say..May?
Just in case my neighbors weren't already chatting about my weird posing, I thought I'd delight them with my high kick skillz. Wah-BAM!
Sweater: Gap
Shirt: Target
Jeggings (ooooh..yeah): Urban Outfitters
Boots: Nordstrom
Attitude: Mine
Have a great day!





I'm still plucking up the courage to start taking self portrait photos. I have the tripod and the remote, but I lack the guts. Mainly because I'm pretty sure some one would catch me and think I was weird.
ReplyDeleteBut I love your pictures in this post, so perhaps I need to get a bit braver...... Perhaps! X
I guess one good thing is being able to delete all the bad ones! I swear no one has a really bad picture of themself anymore!
Deletelookin' great! i'm loving stripes lately.
ReplyDelete& don't even give a 2nd thought to the amount of time actually spent in the pretty clothes--getting them on for even just a few minutes Totally Counts.
I'm crazy about stripes. I think they are so cute!
DeleteI just can't do them. I try but I end up looking constipated or something. But I am envious of others who can pull off their posed looks so effortlessly. Look down. And to the side. Run hands through hair. Yes. Very nice. Now smise. You're not smising enough. (thanks Tyra and ANTM for that new word in my vocab). And yeah, the high kick is definitely my fav.
ReplyDeleteI think I should include a high kick in every post I do. That could be awkward on dress wearing days. Or awesome.
DeleteNice high kick. Did you train in martial arts? I'm a karate yellow belt. FEAR ME! (Not.)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, when we take pics I try to remind myself that this is for the "archives." I'm not doing it for other people to look at as much as for me to remember how young and hot I used to be. I imagine myself looking at them when I'm 80 and knitting a sweater, thinking about the good old days.
"Did you train in martial arts?"
DeleteI love you. That's a great question. The answer is no. I was a cheerleader though, so that's kind of like the same thing.
I never even once considered the archives factor. That's a really good point. I might put that into a future post (with your credit, of course).
Well, I give a rat's ass what you're wearing! Lol! I like to see these posts, some people's posts make me feel fairly fashionable but others make me feel like I'm 10 years behind on fashion. And you are so adorable but yeah, I feel like an idiot taking anything but a snap shot of my face with my phone! Lol!
ReplyDeleteWell, thank you, thank you, you are very generous!
Deletelooking good mama!
ReplyDeleteUgh. I'm tryin'. Got to represent for us 30-something mamas!
DeleteLook at you, you beautiful long legged woman! Can you give me just a few of your inches? Pretty please? You make every outfit look THAT much better with your gorgeous height!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Thanks! I have to thank my dad for my height--he's 6'3"..I topped out at 5'8", but I am grateful for every inch!
DeleteI'm terrible at self-portraits. I'm loving the kick shot!
ReplyDeleteSelf-portraits are the pits, huh? I'm thinking the kick shot might have to be done again sometime!
DeleteOh gosh I feel like a total DB, too! I realize I feel more silly when my husband takes them because he ALWAYS uses the zoom on my face. Not cute. But,I love seeing outfit posts, so keep em' coming!
ReplyDeleteSecret: Brendan takes THE WORST pictures. I have to do it all myself, or else my outfit posts would all have missing shoes. Shhhhhhhhh!
DeleteAnd what does DB stand for? Dork Ball? Douche Bag? Dick Barf?
ReplyDeleteYou look super hot, Kell!
xoxo,
Hincks
Dork Ball. Duck Breath. Dooky Brain. Whatever works.
DeleteNot only do I LOOK super hot, I AM. Seriously, I have a bit of a fever today.
I love that outfit…and the high kick. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think I pulled a muscle though! :-/
Delete