It all started off well enough.
We opened gifts at our house early, since we were leaving for Florida on Christmas Eve day. So Brendan and I got our mugs of coffee ready, I put on our Big Band Christmas CD, spread out a quilt in sit on in lieu of our dirty floor and got ready for some Christmas magic.
Maybe next year. Brixton was painfully slow at opening gifts, clocking in at an inch of wrapping paper torn per minute. Even a turtle opens gifts faster than that.
Mid way through gifts, someone let his diva side come out and started hitting and throwing. Hence a holiday timeout on the stairs.
Once he'd recovered from his tantrum, he launched into gift opening again. He'd become pretty peeved if we helped him or encouraged him to open things faster. There was one thing that he was getting: the sharp inhale of breath and the look of awe at a new toy.
Maybe next year?
Awwww! I love it. Even the sad Christmas time out. He's just so cute!
ReplyDeleteHis sad face just makes me laugh! It's so exaggerated!
DeleteYa know, I was really surprised by the lack of excitement and interest demonstrated by my son. Granted, he just turned 1, but still, i was at least expecting him to rip open the wrapping paper with gusto. No such luck.
ReplyDeleteI know Brixton is several months older, but I am curious about how you handle time-outs. Not sure if this is blog fodder or not, but I've come to rely on some good advice and info from your blog since Brix is about half a year ahead of us. Anyway, our little guy is constantly biting, throwing, hitting, and worst, grabbing the cat. Our pedi said that we can do time-out for 1 minute, but there is no way he will sit still anywhere for even 1 minute. How do you guys approach it?
I'm so flattered you asked! I'll do a post soon on this--I need advice too! I know I don't have all the answers!
DeleteYour kids toys reminded me of something I had once I was a child. The fish actually passed on to my children as well and my daughter loved playing with it but not my son though.....He liked smashing the fishy for dinner!!!!!! Where I had to put back in the closet for safety.
ReplyDelete