This week is going to fly. House cleaning, packing, our family Christmas on Saturday, a manicure for yours truly, and the hopeful threat of snow. Snow!
I went to a new salon a few days ago where I got some highlights and the worst haircut of my adult life (except when I lived in Germany). I noticed a few things were going wrong, like when the stylist had no recommendations for a leave-in conditioner, shampooed my hair for 30 seconds, didn't get out all of the toner, the haircut lasted for five minutes (seriously, not exaggerating). She dried my hair and I thought, Oh, she's going to dry-cut. No, no she wasn't. She was all done. And when I got home, I discovered that she left one section about a half inch longer than the rest.
Whaaa???
I like the highlights though.
This has been going on this month on Instagram:
1. Our house, all decked out..just needs some snow. 2. Mama was going out! 3. I drew this solider about 10 years ago and I never finished his face. I figured it was better that way--that any man could be that solider. He finally got a frame after all this time. 4. Brixton enjoying his room decor and personal Christmas tree. I buy an ornament each year for it. So far, he's only got two, but by the time he leaves home, he'll have 18 (or 25, depending on when I let him go). 5. The Cranberry Bar. Fun? Yep. But at $2.99 a pound, I'll pass. 6. I'm thinking of trying out a new lipstick look. An orangey-red from NARS. It's pretty bold and bright, but maybe that's ok? 7. Sometimes, as a mom, when you do your hair and makeup you just have to document it. 8. We've had a whole lot of this going on..toddlers + trees= sigh. 9. I love Brixton's lunch tray. It inspires me to give him a buffet. Here he got applesauce, kidney beans, cucumbers, carrots, cheese, some hotdog, and a blueberry bran muffin. He loves to dip his food, too. So he got some ketchup and ranch. He'll try anything if he can dip it.
I'm getting ready to change my blog name over "officially" to Casual Friday in a month or so, so I've changed my Instagram name to our_casual_friday
Find me there!

Confession: I got the worst haircut of my life 3 weeks ago and I have tried everything to make it better and nothing has worked. Why do these things happen? As if I don't have enough working against me with the whole 10 pound weight gain thing and the increasing number of wrinkles, now I have to wear my hair in a pony every day. UGH. On a positive note, you are an amazing artist, your house is beautiful, and I would like you to come over and make my lunch for me please. That is all.
ReplyDeleteDid you go to a new person too? I think it would be even worse if it was your regular person! I would love to come make your lunch. Hope you like hot dogs, blocks of cheese and peanut butter and jelly. :)
Deleteyour home looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks, we are really happy we got it!
DeleteI love your hair...but I hate feeling rushed like that, it's supposed to be relaxing!
ReplyDeleteyeah, I felt sad because I didn't leave the salon feeling like my hair was all swooshy and pretty--you know what I mean??
Delete