Brendan thinks I'm hard to shop for. This is amazing to me because I always have a list of 'wants' in my head. This year I went easy on him and wrote out the list, instead of making him use his 6th sense and guess. That hasn't worked out well in the past.
And to make it even easier on him when he loses the list? I'm going to make it a blog post.
Wish #1: Jil Sander Perfume--Sun
I don't think they even make this stuff anymore, but if you look hard online or at those random perfume stores tucked into some "less-desirable" malls, you can find it. It takes me right back to San Diego circa 1998. And everyone knows that year smelled good.
Do I really need to explain this wish? A fluffy, sweet kitten to hold and love? A little cat face around the house? Brendan's "allergic" to cats. There's a reason I put allergic in quotes like that. I won't get into it here. This is a gift for Brixton too, as he really loves kittens (which isn't saying a lot, he tries to kiss beatles too). I'll take any color kitty, Brendan. Just make it a little boy. If I can't have another baby Brixton, I'll just have a kitty. Thanks. (This cat is so sassy, she won't even center herself on the page! Just my type of kitty!)
via
Wish List #3: Real Simple Magazine Subscription
Who doesn't love getting a new magazine in the mail? All the glossy pages filled with things you'll never buy. That 45 minutes it takes me to flip through and then ask myself, "Why do I even read magazines? They are just advertisements and badly written articles." At least Real Simple has recipes.
Wish List #4: iPhone
Brendan royally surprised me 5 years ago with the original iPhone. He wrapped it in a box, in a bigger box, in an even bigger box. I was so excited! But I had no respect for the phone. It had lots of glitches. It got thrown a few times. Since then I've had a Wackberry (the worst), a Droid (ho-hum), and some other contraption. I miss my iPhone. And hello?! Facetime sounds exactly like the type of app I'd pay for and then never use!
Wish List #5: Voluspa candles
I LOVE candles. I could spend hundreds of dollars on them, but since I don't, they make a perfect Christmas gift! I've been a Big Fan of Voluspa candles for years, my favorite ones being Baltic Amber and Huckleberry Santiago. But, there are so many, many more. Best place to get them? Anthropology. For some reason I find them there cheaper than anywhere else.
Wish List #6: Anastasia Brow Kit
I think this has been on my Wish List for a long time, but I kept forgetting. My brows have been blah for a long time and the last time I got them waxed regularly was for the four months before my wedding (they looked fab BTW). Look, sometimes you're just at Sephora, looking around, and you see something fun that might change your life or might just be a lot of fun. This is one of those things. I don't know that I'd spend my own money on it, but for a fun gift, I'd put it on the list.
Wish List #7: Brendan paint the guest bathroom
Our guest bathroom is yellow. It's a nice color, yellow, but it's just not working for me in there with my other things. I want something drab and boring, hence my overwhelming desire for Brendan to gift me the task of painting our yellow bathroom a soft gray instead. It wouldn't take long! It won't require a lot of taping! I don't think you'd need primer! You should do it so I don't have to pay someone else to! (Because you know you don't want me to do it!)
Wish List #8: Brendan sharpen all our kitchen knives really well
I think he should just do this, don't you? Better yet, I'm going to google how to do it properly and just do it myself. Actually, I'm not because I don't have a good track record with knives. (PS Don't ever google "Knife cutting finger" for an image. I think I'm skipping dinner tonight.)
Wish List #9: Food Processor
When I started making Brixton's purees last year, I got a stick blender that had a little attachment that would kind of work as a mini-processor. But it's just not enough. We have a blender that does a decent job of breaking things down, but I want a food processor. I'm ready for one. I will use it. Sauces, soups, whatever else you do with a food processor. I'm there. A gift that keeps on giving, if you will.
Well, I think that gives us a starting point, doesn't it? What's on your wish list this year? (Maybe I need some more ideas!!)
Looks like a great list!! I am hoping I can get an iphone too :)
ReplyDeleteAn iPhone would be so much fun..I'm not sure Santa has that for me this year though, but you never know!
DeleteI would love an iPhone and a Canon Rebel, but I don't think those are in the cards.
ReplyDeleteMy big ones: a new car stereo so I can plug my iPod in. The tape deck thing isn't cutting it. A remote for my DSLR. And a Wacom tablet.
Who knew I wanted so many techie gadet things?
A tape deck? Tres retro! What in the world is a Wacom tablet? If I were Santa I'd give you a remote for your camera. I have one and have used it exactly twice.
DeleteI must admit that the first thing I thought when I saw Sun was that you had sunscreen at the top of your wishlist. It isn't the most appealing bottle/packaging ever but I trust you on the smell!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha! Good call, I wouldn't have thought of that, but you're right!
Delete