Last night I found a bunch of photos I thought we had lost. Photos from a few years ago, photos of when we first got Lola and photos of our wedding and honeymoon.
Bad, bad idea.
Yes, I am so happy, happy, happy to have those pictures. That's not bad news at all.
Here's the thing-I worked really hard for a few months before the wedding and lost 6 lbs that I probably didn't really need to lose. In fact, looking at some of the photos I was bordering on bobble-head, but I felt fabulous!! Seeing those skinny limbs and tiny waist and bony shoulders when I now weigh about 40 lbs more isn't really uplifting. I know, I know, I'm growing a tiny baby inside my tummy. Yes, it's a miracle. But holy smokes, I was so thin!
I still have those collar bones around here somewhere..
Legs were like little toothpicks!
Yay for toned arms!
Ahh..I miss that, but admittedly it only lasted a short few weeks. Then we moved to Denver and I gained it all back and then some happy newlywed lbs with it. So yes, it's just weight and it's fleeting, but it's dang good inspiration for after Mr. Brix gets here!!
Cheers (lifting a pint--of ice-cream)


Ya know, Carey had worked SO hard during the months leading up to our pregnancy that when we finally went on our long-overdue honeymoon we were BOTH quite skinny. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Carey was the thinnest she'd ever been and I had hit my lowest in nearly a decade.
ReplyDeleteAs soon as we found out she was pregnant, Carey got quite sad that she had just lost a lot of weight and was now 'not going to be able to enjoy it' because she'd put most of it back on during her pregnancy.
It's got to be hard to come to terms with the fact that any weight you, as a momma, are gaining is necessary for a healthy baby.
You said it, though... you've done it once before (pre-pregnancy) so it's simply motivation for after your child arrives. And honestly, what better time to get back in shape. It'll simply set you up for some great lessons in healthy living for your child.