Friday, April 1, 2011

In Labor!?

Just kidding.  Don't be mad.

It's April Fool's Day and I'm pregnant, which means I'm tempted to play the ultimate freak-out trick on the following people: Brendan, my mom, my doctor (why not? I'm sure he'd think it was a scream), Shantala (arriving today from San Diego) and Lisa (coming tomorrow from New Jersey).  

It would be so, so fun to send a text right now to B, something along the lines of :

Babe-I'm having horrible cramping feelings and I think my water just broke!

(Keep in mind he's working about 4 hours out of town right now.) 

Then I would pause for a few minutes (dramatic effect and all) and send this: 

April Fool's!!

If I called my mom, I'd keep it simple:

"Hi mom!  Well, it looks like we've got a bit of a prankster on our hands, because I'm in labor!"

Then she would get all breathless like she does and start talking more high-pitched and flappy and out of control with excitement (click HERE to see what I mean-watch the video in the post) and just when she's frothing at the mouth and calling for my dad:

April Fool's!! 

But tricks like this are usually reserved for situations in which you actually want to be served divorce papers or would like to be cut out of a will.  
So I'll pass. 

I just realized that I can officially say that next month I'm having a baby.  A son.  

When people ask, Do you have any kids?  Instead of my old answer, No, we don't want any kids, I will say, Yes, we have a son.  

Wow.  Wow.  Wow.   


Brixton says, "Burrr gurgle glab", which means, please vote for us! 

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your baby. I'm always tempted to say I'm pregnant on April's Fools Day. I'm afraid hubby would faint though. LOL. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a great day for a joke! I say go for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So after much thought, I decided I would do this but, NOT to my poor mother or anxious husband. So I posted a facebook status that my water just broke and pretty much everyone is falling for it. Part of me feels bad but, the other part of me has never ever done a successful April Fool's joke ever...so this is kinda awesome. So go for it! Once in a lifetime opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you blog is adorable!
    so funny about april fools!

    I am here from UBP!

    stop on by:
    taranbrandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by via the UBP! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and welcome to new readers from UBP!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!