Thursday, August 18, 2011

Best Birth Story I've Ever Read

Read this.

After you stop sobbing, let me know what you think.
Warning: I read it and sobbed, and then showed Brendan and he sobbed.

Click HERE

6 comments:

  1. My favorite blog evah! Kel is so amazing with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The photo of her looking blank while everyone celebrated around her. That is real. Amazing, raw, devastating and beautiful all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it on my last night shift and I was welling up too. How powerful and what an amazing writer she is. I can't deny that I would have felt the exact same way she did, and honestly my husband would probably have felt the same or "worse". There's a whole lot worse things out there in this world than to have Down Syndrome, but it would still be so shocking and scary at first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i typed you up three comments, but my computer is being a turd. so you're either going to have four comments from me, or none (or maybe one?)

    anyway, what i was trying to tell you was that i read that story in parenting (i think) magazine while i was pregnant with owsley. bad decision. i couldn't stop sobbing, and i thought about it for months.

    the one part where kelle says it looks like her baby is looking up at her thinking, 'i know i'm not what you expected, but please, please love me.' well, that part is making me tear up right now, just thinking about it.

    i've been reading kelle's blog for a little over a year now, and she seems like such an amazing person. her girls are so lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one of my FAVORITE bloggers, I read every post. Her image, her words, her spirit. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that was so beautiful. It's weird to say but as soon as I finished reading it I loved that little girl. Weird huh? it's like she's looking right at you. Incredible! Now I have a new blog to follow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!