Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Greedy

My Mom's the best.


 My Dad's not too shabby either.  Brendan and I went out to the garden to work while Dad stayed in with a napping Brixton.  Quite a while went by and I thought "Wow, Brixton's really taking a long nap today" because the deal was when Brix woke up my Dad would come out and get me.

After what must have been an hour or so, I went in.  And saw this:


You could have knocked me over with a feather.  I mean, I know my Dad helps and helped when we were small, but this was amazing!  He said Brix had woken up shortly after we went outside and in the meantime, they'd been playing on the mat and just hanging out talking about politics and religion. Go Dad!

When Oma visits, she always helps.  She washes dishes, takes out the trash, holds Brixton, feeds him, sweeps, changes him, etc.  She loves Brixton.  LOVES him!  He loves her too and I can tell by his huge smiles.

We always go shopping when she visits.  And just like a mother, she's always shoving a little spare cash into my hand, telling me to buy something cute for myself or getting a little toy for Brixton.  

This time was no different.  Fall is coming, which means extra temptation for me at the mall, since it's my favorite season.  Momma bought me these cute little rainboots, which I've had my eye on for a few months.  



Then I found this cute jacket to go with them (and my previous coat had suffered from 5 years of heavy wear and the liner was shredded--oh, I could endlessly justify any purchase!)

Couldn't you spend like a million dollars on clothes/makeup/accessories?  Ok, maybe not a million dollars, but certainly thousands and thousands (and thousands).  

I love looking at all the pretty, sparkling things.  I love the feeling you get from a new outfit, from carrying those shopping bags, laden with purchases.  That feeling is so fleeting, which is why we go back again and again.  Those clothes will rot away, will be replaced by another style or fashion.  Those paste diamonds will fall out over time or become clouded.  Although I like these things, I do not worship them.  God's Word will never fade away, nor His love for me.  

Standing there in the aisle at Nordstrom, consumed by my greed, I was reminded of this.
  

Please click below for a vote! 

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

  1. Grandparents (Mom & Dad to us!) are the best! And my favorite part of the entire post?
    "Although I like these things, I do not worship them. God's Word will never fade away, nor His love for me."
    I couldn't have said it better!
    -your new follower from Toddle Along Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!