Monday, August 15, 2011

Gummy Smiles

Brixton has starting drooling a little bit; a reminder that teething is coming soon and with it more drool, tears and ultimately teeth.

Right now, I am obsessed with Brixton's gummy smile.  There is nothing better in the world to me, nothing.  The smile is usually accompanied by a squeal, a squeal produced by sucking air into the lungs and making a sound much like a dinosaur. 



I am always kissing Brixton.  I gave him his first kiss in those seconds after he was pulled from my stomach and those kisses have never stopped.  Sometimes I wonder how many times I kiss him in a day.  A hundred?  A thousand?  

I nannied once for a little girl who didn't get her first tooth until she was about 17 months.  Yep, 17 months.  Her gummy smile lasted so long and was so wonderful.  I know once Brix starts teething, that small window of time, that era of the gummy smile, will be over (God and dentist willing) forever.  

So now, I take each smile as it comes and cherish it.  I can't help kiss him square on the mouth.  I swear I would kiss those gummy gums too if I could...


Please give us a vote on Top Baby Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I reply to them too!