I have this big, blue trunk. I've had it for about 14 years and it's filled with yearbooks, cheerleading uniforms that almost fit (chuckle), high school notes passed years and years ago. I can't bear to part with any of it, so I've lugged it around with me from state to state, city to city, up and down stairs, collecting dust across the nation.
It's in our basement now, in a dark corner that smells lightly of cats. I cleaned it out the other day, finally decided to lighten the load before our next move (more on that soon). Between reading pointless teenage scribble and randomly printed out emails without much merit, I found 3 dresses that my mom saved for me, dresses I wore when I was a baby.
I was filled with a longing, a sadness. Here I have these cute dresses and no one to put them on. We aren't (planning on) having another baby, so here the dresses are, sad, cute, babyless. Did I mention how adorable they are? Here's a picture of me wearing one:
It's really uncanny how alike Brixton and I look, right?
No, it's not him. It's me.
Ok, fine. Yes, it's Brixton. Yes, I put him in the dress. I was desperate, okay?
{But doesn't he look cute??}
Brendan was outside cleaning out his car. He had no idea what I was subjecting his son to. And I wanted to surprise him.
SURPRISE!
I called my mom and told her Brixton had something he wanted to show her. We skyped. SURPRISE!
Granted, I still think he looks like a boy, those huge Fred Flinestone feet really give it away. He hated the dress. He couldn't move around in it very well. I felt a lot of comfort in that.
So, Brixton, if one day you stumble across this post...
SURPRISE!
And don't make Mommy mad because I can get these printed out in a heartbeat.


gage is next to me right now.
ReplyDelete'who is that little girl?'
his name is brixton.
'did you say HIS? because that's a baby girl.'
no it's not.
'yes it is.'
this might go on for a while...... :)
Love that you put him in the dress!!! You have to get parental blackmail when you can :)
ReplyDeleteKell,
ReplyDeleteI think you should put him on a cover of a James album. So, so wrong, dude.
xoxo, Hincks
HA! This is great! Such a pretty dress, even on an obviously macho little boy:)
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha!!! My sister did this to Lachy!! I think its adorable!! (Not to mention fantastic for the 21st!!)!
ReplyDeleteAww! So cute (: He looks happy not unknowingly in that dress! Great blog you have.
ReplyDeleteCheck out mines:
http://nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/
ok, the funniest post yet! love it!
ReplyDelete